Camping in Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest

4 Reviews of 2 Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, California Campgrounds

Judy T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2020

Free site off Highway 50

To get to Illipah Reservoir Recreation Area and Campground, you need to drive a graded gravel road. We saw people in fifth wheels and trailers so they must have been okay with the washboards. The sites are spaced far enough apart for privacy as there are no trees for shade. There are shaded picnic…

Jacob S.
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2020

This is for getting away from the daily grudge.

The White River campgrounds offer fire pit areas and some have picnic tables. I have been there a few times. It's quite the drive from Las Vegas. The site that I like is the site that you have to drive through the stream. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IN A CAR,OR A LOW SUV. Trucks are fine to cross over. I…

Daniel C.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2019

We turned around

We drove the 10 miles up the dirt road to these sites. The cows were the only grounds keepers. The main site across the creek from the one latrine we saw had too much water flowing through it to be able to drive over it.

Liesl K.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2018

Great for seeing stars!

The location was cool, remote and pretty quiet (only the sounds of other campers). I recommend getting there in daylight, we didn't and it was difficult to tell what was where as far as campsites. Facilities weren't great, but they were there.

Month of VisitOctober