Camping in Chaparral Heights

Recent Reviews Near Chaparral Heights, California

639 Reviews of 265 Chaparral Heights, California Campgrounds

Julia M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

We loved this campground!

Narrow drive and sharp turns in the campground so we didn't camp with our RV but we did tent camp. There were smaller RVs there and plenty of camper vans. The sites are spacious and in the pines. Great location in the valley. Can walk everywhere or bike everywhere in the valley. AT&T service…

Julia M.

Good stop over

It was a great overnight stop for us on our way to Yosemite. No AT&T cell service. Can get 1 hr of free wifi every 24hrs or pay for more wifi. The park is huge with a lot to do and different camping accommodations for all types. Easy asphalt roads throughout campground in the pines. Sites are…

jesus R.The Dyrt PRO User

Comfort in the wilderness

This place is perfect for ppl that want to experience Yosemite and still have commodities. The cabins or tents provided are clean and have everything you need. Showers restrooms etc the food in the cafeteria is also good. Parking is good and easy and the location is close to many trails

• campground
Sitecampground
C

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Best

It was a wonderful birthday camping with my family and I just loved it. Staff a very friendly and our site was just a walking distance to the bathrooms.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Nice resort

We recently stayed here a few weeks ago. Very nice sized pads, we were in Units 212/214. Nice, clean bathrooms, which is always a plus. The only negative comment I have was so many neighbors stayed up way past the curfew, which was annoying!

• Site 212
  • Back view of Site 212
  • Side view of Site 212
Site212/214
Ruben N.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Pinecrest campground

Pinecrest was an amazing place at the edge of the Stanislaus national forest. The community is great, the campground and bathrooms were very well maintained. It was a 10min walk to the lake. If you’re into fishing, there are trout in the area with some nice fishing spots labeled on the paper map.…

• the lake from the hike
  • the bridge nicer the inlet
  • my dog finding a painted rock on the hike
SiteB11
Deb F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful spot just outside of Yosemite

It’s Memorial weekend and the weather is in the 70s, sun is shining through the forest trees, the birds are singing and this site is a perfect base camp for my day trips to hike in Yosemite.

Here is the correct location. You can take a dirt road from this parking lot in order to camp in the…

Sitenestled in the trees
Patty R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Groovy

Way huge depths of camp ground area... Water is nice excluding the dirty appearance it was fun taking the boat out there

B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
Megan A.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Correct Location Below

As previously mentioned, these coordinates are not correct, if you travel beyond the coordinates towards the South Park Entrance and pass the Springdale Campground on your left, you will see a sign shortly afterwards that says SnowPlay area 1/2 mile and that’s where you will turn onto Mount Raymond…

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great place when open

Its a great place to camp to bad its hardly open i have only got the chance to go there once

Site15g
N
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Wrong coordinates

This is not public camping area. Someone's driveway. Beware!!!