About Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area Mesa Campground
Hike In
Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area Mesa Campground is located in California
4 Reviews of Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area Mesa Campground
Not my cup of tea

Came here during covid because we thought this might be a good way to social distance. Boy were we wrong! These campsite are so close together it feels like you are sharing. Almost every site was booked as well so that didn’t help anything. We only ended up staying 1 night of the 3 booked because we couldn’t handle the crowds. They did end up refunding us for the 2 nights which was very nice. I thinking even under normal circumstances l, I wouldn’t come back. This place might be great for families or the novice camper that wants a few modern conveniences(There are pretty clean bathrooms and pay showers) but it definitely doesn’t feel like you are out camping in the woods. The whole area just felt like one big RV park.

Private sites and helpful staff

Each campsite here is pretty private and has a lot of shade. Close to the lake but we had to walk down a bit to go swimming. Some sites are smaller than others but it was only the two of us so everything worked out well. Park rangers here were very helpful, fun to talk to, and offered other suggestions for the coming camping weekends if I didn’t want to stay here again. Sites were 45 dollars or 10 for parking and 35 for the site. One vehicle included in the stay.

Party campground

I’ve stayed here twice, the first time all the sites were booked the second time it was pretty empty. Both times, neighboring campers were blasting music. Not just a little loud, but so loud I felt the bass two loops away. Park rangers don’t patrol the sites as far as I can tell but if your intent is to party with some friends while camping this is the place for you. There isn’t easy access to the lake, I think you have to either drive down or take a really long walk. Most sites have a lot of shade, all sites have a picnic table and fire pit. If I ever want to have a party camping trip, I’d likely go here. But if you’re camping for peace and quiet, this may not be what you want.

Silverwood Lake Camping

Nice campground with flush toilets. ATV with ice cream and firewood comes around right before dark. Campsites are a bit crowded for my liking. Access to the Silverwood Lake recreation area is a great benefit. Small market is on site at the recreation area and the beaches are not smooth sand, but are fine to walk on.