About Yaqui Wash Primitive Campground - Yaqui Well
Hike In
Contact
Yaqui Wash Primitive Campground - Yaqui Well is located in California
6 Reviews of Yaqui Wash Primitive Campground - Yaqui Well
Super easy, free, and fun!

We rolled in after dark and found a spot super easy that was secluded and perfect for tent camping. We had a nice hike in the morning before heading back to Julian for pie :)

Perfect for group sites. There’s an endless plethora of campsites. It will never be full.

Group sites

Perfect for large groups who need a quick spot to camp. It’s nothing special and can sometimes hear traffic but other than that, the stars were beautiful!

Easy access

Campground next to hwy which makes it easy to get to but can hear traffic. Along a wash so just pick a spot. Great for groups. Can get windy so bring your tent stakes.

Close to town but feels farther

My girlfriend and I camped here on a Friday night, at the recommendation of a ranger in the Visitor's Center. Overall, I was happy with our stay as we could only see one other party (far away enough to where we couldn't hear them) and it was quieter than I thought it would be, considering it runs parallel to a highway. I wasn't expecting so many planes; I'm not sure what flight path runs over it, but there was an ongoing stream of planes (but not enough to be disruptive; just not as quiet as I'd like). There were vault toilets, but we just opted to do our business in nature. The campground is a mile or two from a developed campground and we navigated our 2WD minivan on the dirt road without any issues. Yaqui Well hiking trail runs through part of the grounds, which is a nice hike leading to a natural spring. It's far enough away from Borrego Springs to feel like you're "out there" but close enough to be convenient if needed without having to drive too far. I'd stay here again!

No bathrooms no problem

This campground is a primitive one. It’s basically an open lot. There’s a wonderful path call Bill Kenyon Overlook trail that’s trailhead is on the side of the campground. No toilets but campground down the road at the beginning of Yaqui Pass rd does with running water (technically not allowed to use if you didn’t campthere). Stakes are a little hard to get in the ground. Day is really hot and night is cold but Anza-borrego is a beautiful place

Year 2021 Flag