Camping in Watalula

217 Reviews of 23 Watalula, Arkansas Campgrounds

M
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Primitive and Perfect

We enjoyed camping here. Things were a little chaotic because we were there during the Byrdfest Music Festival, but the campground was just what we were hoping for.

Month of VisitOctober
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Excellent campground

Would be a 5 if they had more 50amp sites. Only 18 sites for RVers. However most sites have plenty of shade so we still love this place. Good hiking for various levels. Lodge close by if you don’t want to cook and fabulous sunsets from Cameron’s Bluff.

• Picnic table towards the back
  • Wider angle of the backside of the site. Notice they have fire pits and a tent or easy-up area also.
  • View of site from road
Month of VisitOctober
T
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Beautiful views

Last minute 2 night trip with my girls (6,8). I haven’t been this far up river since I was a kid, so I didn’t know what to expect. It’s a slow drive from the south on 7 (20mph speed limit in places), so account for the extra time to set camp before dark. We went during the week, so it was…

L
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

A nice break from humidity

This campground was very nice, bathrooms and showers were clean. The pool was nice and the kids had a great time going down the water slide over and over. Although it's summer in Arkansas and the highs were in the 90s, it still felt great. There's so much less humidity than where we live…

• Play button icon
Michael H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Uninformed but would return.

Nobody answered the phone or called back before I came but it worked out ok. Firewood costs 5 dollars. Camping is 20 per car or 4 people. The snack hut was closed. Wasnt told of any trails rentals or much of anything. It was camping

• the shady beach
Siteback row
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Nice location

Nice campground with pool, dog walk, and quaint store. Drive through sites with full hookups. Good spacing between sites with lots of trees.

SiteB4
Ash M.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

NOT dog friendly

I have been to devil's den MANY times. I've always loved it and have never had any issues. I send many, many friends to the park to go camping. We drive nearly 5 hours to go. Well, until my trip this weekend. I'm a covid front lines worker and haven't had a weekend off in far too long, so I brought…

Nate F.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

awesome.

wonderful place. very clean

Sitea7
Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Amazing place to stay & climb

This ranch is beautiful and great for hiking and climbing. The environment is awesome and the place is well-managed. The sport climbing here in particular is really well maintained and the sandstone rock is grippy and clean. HCR is great; my friends and I have been coming there for years.

Caradee F.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Good if you want to swim

The campground is smaller which I like but always busy. It's a good place for families that want to get into the river. Half the sites are near a tree line and the others out in the open. It's a very pretty area.

Gabriel A.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Very Good Campground

Great campground with virtually every single amenity that you could think of. I really enjoyed my time here.

Amenities include potable water, flush toilets, showers, and a trash dumpster.

The only downside to this campground is that it can be moderately expensive.

• Bathrooms/Showers (bottom left) & Canyon Overlook @ Sunrise
SiteN/A
MoHoRV ..The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great spacious lots Peaceful Great view of water

On our way to a COE we overnighted here. Lovely spacious sites. We drive in and self registered.

Data Cricket. 1 bar on phone Visible / MOFI4500 4meg download so we could watch Netflix Verizon 28meg down, 3 meg up

Did not use facilities so cannot comment, but loved the layout

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Clean and welcoming

We arrived after the office closed, but they called to check on our arrival and have our registration ready for us. Clean bathrooms and showers. It’s a former KOA campground with all those amenities but older. Nice pond along the tent camping area. RV pull through are a little tight but you pull in…

SiteD21
Paden T.
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Great camping

I like the layout of the campground. Tent sites were separate of RV sites instead of being all mixed in. Good hiking trails of varying difficulty. Clean grounds and clean bathrooms.

Steve L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Lake Fort Smith State park

Super nice camp ground, 20 sites with full rv hook ups , extra nice facilities, park is clean and quite, kids loved the swimming pool and water park. Lots of trails around the lake