Equestrian
National Park Service
Hike In
Kyles Landing is located in Buffalo National River in Arkansas
17 Reviews of Kyles Landing
Worth every bump in the horrible road to the camp grounds

This campground is quite and beautiful. A real bob Ross of a campground, however the drive down the Arkansas hill to this serene location is a tense frustrating and should not be attempted with a real wheel drive or low profile vehicle.

Beautiful campsite

One of my favorite past times is camping. Every year I go camping for my birthday and we always go to Kyles' to camp, eat some brats, and cook some s'mores. There are places of the camp site where you can use a hammock, but it's mostly a tent site. The Buffalo River Trail travels straight through Kyles so you can set up camp for the night at the end of your long day. I will say that if it has been raining, you want to have a better car purely because it's such a steep hill going in and out of Kyles'. I had a small corolla for a long time, and it usually did not stop me from driving down there, but I was always stressed out getting out of the valley.

Be sure to wake up early when you camp here, as there's usually a gorgeous pink sky outlined where the bluff is and it's my favorite.

Great place, especially in the fall!

We were here last fall and the colors were simply gorgeous. It was quite chilly in the morning and evening/night, so pack warm clothes! It's isolated, beautiful, and has clean, easily accessible restrooms. There's also potable water spigots. The sites aren't very private, but there's isn't that many sites so it balances out.

While 4x4 isn't required, I definitely wouldn't take any larger vehicles or tiny cars this way. The road is steeply inclined and bumpy.

We had a great time and would definitely stay here again!

would definitely stay there again!

the drive in is something you have to be thoughtful about. I went with a group from my school and we had vans and it was a very rough gravel road. so this is definitely more of a tent camping spot. It is in a valley and is quite beautiful. we stopped there on our way from backpacking the buffalo river trail and it was a great stopping point. There are bathrooms but no showers. there is a fee to stay in the camp but is not ridiculous.

beauty on the buffalo

One of the most scenic campgrounds along the buffalo river! Its right on the river and across for huge beautiful bluffs that the buffalo river is k own for! Also close to buffalo outdoor center for easy access to float the river! The BOC actually runs a shuttle straight to kyles landing!

Off the beaten path

This campground is awesome. It's a few miles down a dirt road but worth it. The camp sites have tables and fire pits and are all next to the river. This camp sees heavy traffic during the day due to being the take out for paddle trips down from the town of Ponca. All sites are walk in for 12.00$ but are first come first serve with two bathrooms that are kept clean. There is also two fresh water points available to the public. Most sites have trees for hammocks and grass for tents if you arrive early some have direct river access. It is recommended that you use a high clerance vehicle and 4x4 but I saw during sunny weather all types make it to the sights to include minivans. However with a good down pour the road out can be a little slick as it is a very steep dirt road. I really enjoyed this site and would stay again anytime.