Fires Unknown
No Alchohol
The View Campground is located in Arizona
3 Reviews of The View Campground
Incredible!

Stunning views from every angle. Hike-in for tents but drive-in for campers & RVs. Sunsets and the stars are breathtaking. No pets (at least for tent sites), clean bathrooms, walking distance from hotel/restaurant that they have on site. Must reserve online for peak seasons. If going to monument valley, I highly recommend stopping here!

Overlooks the mittens. Separate tent sites. RV sites line up and face East.

RV and campervan sites line up and face East for a sunrise view of the Mittens. There is a separate tent location below the RV sites. Each site has a picnic table. No tree cover or shade. There is a code accessed bathhouse with flush toilets, sinks, and showers. Showers have a changing area which could benefit from hooks or a bench. The greatest benefit is the superior view!

The Wildcat Trail (3.7) miles is s great hike in the morning or evening when the sun isn’t directly overhead it took is a few hours at a slow pace to take plenty of pictures.

While in MV we took in two adventures, horseback riding and a Jeep tour. The two hour horseback tour was with the Dinah Riding Stable between point 4-5 on the scenic drive. The Navajo guide provided information on area history and the specific lore around spires and buttes. My daughter, who is an experienced rider, was able to run her horse up the trail while my son and I hung back at a trot- walk.

The three hour jeep tour was with Majestic Adventures and included a guide who shared generations of stories based on Navajo culture. She played a flute under a caved dome and took us to a traditional Hogan to learn about living in MV.

Excellent

Its really awesome. The view is spectacular. The showers and washrooms are really good.

The VIEW is the reason to stay here!

The View Campground is located in Monument Valley on the Navajo Tribal land. There is an additional $5 fee to enter the tribal area, in addition to the camping fee. The campground area consists of RV sites (basically a series of parking spots parallel to each other with a picnic table), and the tent sites are hike-in only from the parking area. We stayed one night in a campervan in an RV site. I reserved the site ahead of time, and on arrival we were given a map with the occupied sites marked off, and we were able to choose our own site from the remaining sites. It's not called "the View" for nothing! Our site had a phenomenal view of the Mittens, and sunrise and sunset were stunning. While there we drove the 17 mile scenic drive around the monuments, and in the morning ran the 4 mile Wildcat trail. What a unique place to stay. It was VERY windy when we were there, but we were able to position our van so that cooking, etc. wasn't an issue. There are cabins adjacent to the camping area, and a hotel and store on the way in (we didn't stop at this). The staff were very friendly. Bathrooms were very clean and showers were available at no extra cost, which was great! (we were given an access code to the bathrooms on check in). No fires were allowed. The site is pretty pricey as it is essentially a bare parking spot; but this is the most beautiful parking spot I have ever slept in ;). Potable water was available at the far end of the campground. A one night stay was perfect for us to experience the area. The camp sites are not great for just hanging around at, but there are other tours (jeep, horseback) that you could take advantage of.

Camp site was about $40. A credit card was required for the camp site. The park entry fee was cash only. Sites ~17 - 24 (or 25, can't remember) had the most unobstructed view.

Pricey, but the VIEW!

Probably one of pricier campgrounds I've been to when considering the campground fee and the Monument fee. However, worth it to see the views from the campground. Fairly clean and well maintained, I think the name has actually changed to "The View". For the most part tents and RV's were kept apart. The bathrooms were clean and it was nice to have showers to rinse off the desert sand (and my site was very sandy!). I didn't use the picnic table or fire pit as I was only staying one night, but it looked like all sites had the same set ups. The night sky would be spectacular on a clear night, but my one evening was cloudy.

Stunning views

Only ten bucks per night. It was very close to the information center, so it was convenient for us to catch rangers to ask questions. All the basic amenities were available, like shower or potable water.

My friends and I went for horseback riding, and I had a lot of fun because it was my first time! Not much instructions on how to ride horses were given, but it was not that hard to ride the horses, so we were assuming that the horses were probably very well trained. There was a spot where they set up a couple different booths and sold jewelry and other things hand made by native indians. Pretty cool!

VIEWS!!, clean bathrooms, nice folks

The views. There is nothing like it. It is very sandy and you have to walk your tent stuff down the dunes to your site, but it is all worth it to look out your tent and see the most gorgeous sunrise/sets ever.

A view that can't be beat!

NO SHADE! Be prepared to be out in the wind and sun. Campground is cut out of the side of a hill between the cabins and the visitors center. You can beat the price or the sunrise! If you love the west this is a place you must wake up one morning. There is a very clean shower house but no other amenities. I did see someone making coffee on the porch of the check in station where he found an electrical outlet. Was not at all crowded and at night the stars were so amazing! The local dogs may visit for a scrap or two and are very friendly - I really wanted to take one home! Nice breakfast can be purchased in hotel area. The horseback ride out into the valley is something not to be missed. We did the Gouldon's truck tour but loved the ride we took with Black's. What an adventure to be galloping those mustangs through the valley….one I will never forget!