The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Peeples Valley , ARIZONA

Most Recent Peeples Valley Camping Reviews
Busy

Beautiful area, but it seems that everyone else thinks so too. I waited 15 min in line to get up to the check in booth just to get in the park and when I left the next day the cars were backed up again. This park would be a 5 star plus if it wasn’t for the amount of people and the price for a rv site in a county park. The rv park within was nice, not too close together. The semi developed park is what I was looking for, no electricity or water at the sites, potable water in the area but only allowed 16’ trailer or less so that left me out. The developed sites all had electric and water at each site and one or two had sewer, but at a premium. It cost an additional $8 per night. Their was a dump station at the entrance of the rv park for everyone else.

Great hiking

This is a FREE BLM camping area.

There are multiple places to pull off along Vulture Mine Rd that have dirt roads that you can take further back. We made a couple of attempts in our 26 ft Class C and almost got stuck and had to back out so be aware that some of the roads look good then suddenly become impassable with no turn around. We ended up near the Vulture Peak trailhead with an easy pull off and a view of the peak (33.880550,-112.820176).

There is no water or garbage so pack in and pack out and pack out more than you brought in if you feel inclined. There is a pit toilet bathroom at the trailhead entrance. This is also an ATV area so watch out while hiking because most thought they had the right of way.

There is good hiking to the peak and across the street there is another access to hike in. There is some road noise but it is not too bad., overall a quiet place. This is a trailhead so there is a lot of day use traffic of vehicles, ATVs and hikers but the nights were quiet and pleasant. Chollas are everywhere and we constantly had to pick them out of our dogs so be aware. We did not see any wildlife except some birds but heard coyotes every night.

Note: There is a nice spot about 3 spots in that has an old table and a couple of broken chairs sitting in it. No one came into that spot while we were there for 7 days so though it looks like someone is saving a spot, but I think unfortunately someone just left a bunch of junk there.

Decent Verizon and AT&T coverage.

Busy With OHVs, But Spacious!

I don’t have 4x4 so I didn’t go too far into the staging area. Since it was a nice weekend there were a gazillion trucks with their OHVs. I must say I didn’t really mind, plus if you have 4x4 you can access more distant parts of the area for calm and privacy, I’m sure. Views are super gorgeous and stars were insane. I bet during the week it’s very calm and even better. I’ll be back! 3 stars bc of the traffic, dust, and noise.

Geared towards rv camping

We arrived late at night to a site full of off roading vehicles and other ATVs. Obviously a meet.

The ground is very compact and straight dirt, multiple rvs had generators running so the night was loud. We ended up leaving.

I'm sure its a sweet spot for off roading and to rv camp but not so much for tents.

Love this spot

First time dispersed camping with our 21’ pull-behind and couldn’t have had a better experience. Gravel road leading to the area is well kept and our truck had no issues getting to the area. Awesome views when we setup camp with plenty of space.

Nice place to camp, rough drive in

Nice enough place for dispersed camping, but requires a very bumpy drive to get there. Really good cell phone service (Verizon - I got 3-4 bars of 4G, which got me 75+ mb/s download speed)

Perfect summer nights

Bonfires every weekend, swimming, camping, shooting. It’s really a dream here at this spot. So many amazing memories we’ll never forget!

Nature and tree getaway

Crown king has been an amazing destination for my family for years….

Love this place..

Desolation not far from civilization

Nice open dispersed camping area near the trailhead to Vulture Peak. Lots of random washes and remnants of mines to discover. Grocery store is only a few miles down the road near Wickenburg.

Beautiful views!

Just some amazing views!! You can see the entire Phoenix valley! Perfect elevation, 7-8k . About a 3 hr drive from Phoenix