Standard (Tent/RV)
50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Lo Lo Mai is located in Arizona
11 Reviews of Lo Lo Mai
Nice oasis in the summer heat

We stayed here in June which is a hot time to camp in Arizona. This campground has Oak Creek running through it which is a great place to cool off. We stayed here while we visited Sedona which is not too far away. Mature trees provide shade at most sites. The mosquitoes were pretty bad which sometimes just a part of camping near water. Clean restrooms and showers.

Beautiful location

The RV sites at Lo Lo Mai have mature trees, are flat, and are fairly close (walking distance) to a creek that runs along the property.

Pros

• Flat sites
  • Electric, sewer, water, toilets, and showers
  • Shade from mature trees
  • Pool and hot tub
  • General Store
  • Close to Sedona, and numerous hikes and activities
  • The creek can provide for some fun and welcome relief from heat, plus its great for soaking tired feet after a day hiking
  • Dish washing stations

Cons

• There is no WiFi, it states they do on the web site but it is only usable from the “club house” and even then is not useable for anything. I don’t mean live streaming and games, forget that. We had a hard time just loading email.
  • Depending on your site you may have a short walk to the bathroom and shower, but really not bad. Bring a bike and it’s really easy.
Peaceful Family Fun

Great place to RV and camp along Oak Creek! Plenty of space between sites. Ours backed up to LoLo Mai spring and a waterfall (spot 15). But bring your bug spray after dark. Short walk to 3/4 mile of creek frontage with out having to leave the park. Kids have a pool, playground in good shape, DVDs to rent for free and a general store where they can spend money on ice cream ($1.50 for a popsicle). Bring a bike for them to ride around the large campground. Scooters don’t work on dirt roads. We had a 32 foot class C, 30 amp full hook up back in spot. Hs to level about 2.5 inches in the front. Spots are well maintained with table, grill, fire pit. Ours had a concrete patio. Although I saw some RV sites did not. Tent sites don’t have patio either. Dust level is moderate. It’s Arizona, am I right?! They use sprinklers to wet roads and play areas to keep dust down.

We had 4 kids and one large pit bull with us. We were charged extra with the dog. Required to stay 3 nights. $87 a night with tax. Well worth it.

Showers and bath are clean. Laundry has one washer and one dryer working. Did not use them. The creek is the main attraction. No need to leave the campground for entertainment. Will stay again.

Enchanting

Lo Lo Mai Springs is one of our new favorite campgrounds! There’s a hot tub and swimming pool, a creek to swim and fish in, nice bathrooms and showers, a dishwashing station. They have full hookups, tent spots, and cabins. The campground is beautiful with trees everywhere and most campgrounds are close to the creek. Just 15 minutes away from Sedona and Cottonwood, about 30 minutes away from Jerome! There’s 2 Vineyards down the road that we enjoyed… DA Ranch was absolutely beautiful and our favorite. Definitely recommend Lo Lo Mai!

Scenic and friendly

I just spent two nights here with my family and I left telling my wife that we’ll return again. When we checked in the staff helped us pick the site we wanted by touring us around in a golf cart. We got space 1A which is somewhat close to the bathrooms, the pond, and a nice chair swing. At night the sound of the creek provided nice white noise to fall asleep with.

Our site had a 30 amp hookup, water, and sewer.

This is a great campground for families as there’s lot to do on site. From the pool, the playground, the creek, and the nightly skunk viewing, this place keeps young ones entertained.

If there was one down side I’d have to point out it’s that there is absolutely zero cell service on site and I had trouble even getting radio stations in my camper. That said, that isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to get away and camp. There is wifi near the office if you really needed it.

Great family campground in beautiful surroundings

Stayed here with my 2 year old granddaughter. Plenty of other kids to play with. A combination of tents and RV's.

Beautiful area, playground and swimming pool, right on the creek which is accessible for swimming.

Restrooms were very clean. Did see some small trash on the campground and would have expected that to be cleaned up. The pool area needs repairs and updating, but nothing that would stop me from swimming.

Lots of dogs and did see dog waste that the owners didn't pick up :(

Overall a great stay for families. Would not recommend during the summer or weekends if you don't want to be around kids.

Any body

I’ love camp grands

Beautiful but Busy

July 12-14, 2019. Campsite 61. Spacious, flat and big groovy trees all around. We shared the campsite next to us (#59) with family so maybe it seemed even more comfortable. It was just a short skip down to Oak Creek. The campground itself seemed spacious as well (I can’t speak for the Cabin and RV areas). There were plenty of sites on the creek, and others just off it. The grounds are beautiful and can be quite relaxing but there was a lot of traffic as 90 plus other groups came in on the same day!!! It was to expected as Lo Lo Mai is beautiful and therefore popular and it was prime summertime weekend. Overall, I thought the place was big enough to accommodate everybody, and everyone was respectful and happy. It was probably the most I’ve ever spent on a campsite, but I’ve also never camped at a site with a pool, hot tub, basketball court, horseshoe pit and other amenities.

Not what we hoped for

This place has great reviews and sounds wonderful, but in person it was not what we expected. The roads on the property are full of potholes. There are overhanging branches in most spots that can damage your awning. The layout is disorganized and you may or may not get a nice spot. The bathrooms are very smelly, they smell like vault toilets even though they flush. The grounds are not maintained well. This place must have been gorgeous at one time but it needs a good clean up. This might be a good place if you are a) in a tent or pop up b) right on the creek c) have very young kids who would enjoy the creek. For older kids and adults who want a pleasant experience in nature, this is not the place. It's also a long drive from Sedona and not much to offer in the nearby town.

Great for Families!

Okay, so the sites aren't primitive but they're big enough, beautiful, and usually right on the creek. Cabins are also an option. This is a privately owned campground. They have plenty of activities for the kids as if being right on Oak Creek isn't enough and are very accommodating. Ask to use one of the wheelbarrows to bring down your firewood. Restrooms and showers are available but if you're hoping for a shower, just know the early bird gets the worm!