the dyrt
National Park Service
Lees Ferry - Glen Canyon Area is located in Arizona
5 Reviews of Lees Ferry - Glen Canyon Area
Hot, hot, hot! But beautiful views of Marble Canyon and the Colorado River

We arrived in the middle of the night after failing to find available campsites elsewhere after a long day at Zion National Park. It was still in the 80's. What ensued was a hot, buggy night. The nice thing is, there are sun/wind shelters - I believe at every site. You couldn't deny the beauty of the area, and we walked down to the Colorado River (about a 10 minute walk/hike) to rinse off. Be careful if you do this - we anchored ourselves together and took wide stances - the current is fast and strong here. The water was COLD to the point of being breathtaking in stark contrast to the miserably hot day. The bathroom was fine; running water and flush toilets. Overall nothing to scream about, and I would choose to camp on the shore of Lake Powell - a short drive away - any day (cooler; swimmable water nearby; overall more pleasant)

A great get away!

We spent seven days at the National Park camp ground. With our Golden Access card we paid $10 a night. We used our Generator and Solar for there are no hook ups. Boondocking is our chosen way of camping and this campground offered everything we require. The Rangers were friendly even when they confronted me for using a metal detector when I was trying to assist our neighbor locate a lost key. I was told that under no circumstances can a metal detector be used which I understand and quickly complied. We found the missing key and all was well. We will differently stay at this campground again. Maybe as soon as this fall.

Basic camping

Lees Ferry was a nice stop on the way from Utah heading to Grand Canyon National Park. Nothing too crazy to rave about, except for the view! Campsite was $18 for a primitive tent site for the night but there are no reservations so it's essentially first come basis. It looked like there were maybe 50 sites in total. If you get there early enough can you get a nice view of the river below. Although there were no amenities besides bathrooms, it was a good option for a one night stopover for us. Got pretty windy in the evening so make sure you have tent stakes or at least heavy bags to keep it down. This campsite is very close between Horseshoe bend and Marble Canyon (both a must see if heading through).

Hike for life

Perfect place to explore. Watch the temperature.

Beautiful stars

I stayed here one night the camp ground is nice enough. It has some shade which was nice because it was over 100 degrees. However at night it was the most beautiful stars I have every seen.