Camping in Norman

41 Reviews of 5 Norman, Alabama Campgrounds

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not what we hoped for

We stayed in the Antioch loop on site 93. The site was super close to 92 and 94. We felt we had no personal space. A couple kept walking through our campsite to get to a boat they had parked at our site. I love rustic but Antioch was not rustic, it was over grown and did not look maintained. We…

SiteAntioch 93
B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Peacefully Beautiful

We love Deerlick! Nice cleans sites, happy hosts, and clean bathhouse! We can’t wait to get back. The recreation options were endless.

Neil T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2021

Has potential - but just ok

The good:

Quiet Big shady trees Creek goes through it Lots of neat buildings Camp store has some items and snacks

The not so good:

Not much information on what you are looking at or should look for

Picnic tables in sad shape

Camping spots had a bit of a parking lot feel

Bathhouse in disrepair…

David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

One of my favorites

Probably one of the best kept secrets. Very clean and peaceful. Great get away location.

charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

Greg W.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

I think that this is my favorite

Always enjoy Gunter Hill...plenty of space and scenery is good anytime of the year..we have been here several times..

Raymond B.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Hideaway beauty!

What can I say about this beautiful place. The camp host and workers are amazing. Bathroom/shower house clean as can be. The nature trail was very calming and enjoyable. A must stop while in BAMA.

Paige M.
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Love! Love! Love!

We're craft vendors at Tannehill Trade Days March- November and we've started camping out there every month. My grandkids absolutely love it. The ride their bikes, play in the creek, and eat great ice cream from the creamery!

• Twins in the creek
  • Waterfall near Trade Days Field
  • First time in the creek at Tannehill
Bill & Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Great

Great sites level and clean, great host on site. Perfect place to start our new life in camper.

R
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Peaceful

Very nice. Roomy. Clean. Many nice sites. Nicely wooded and a lot of water views. Great for water/fishing/boating activities. Only drawback is no sewer hookup but dump station on-site

N
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2020

Nice wooded campground

This was a pretty cool campground tucked away in the woods. Our site was shady most of the day and well spaced from other sites. Some sites have stairs to the water, to a beach big enough for one person to fish or to tie up a jon boat.

There is no firewood for sale here. The bathrooms were very…