Fairfield, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Fairfield Camping Reviews
Bonnie Lake Island. Boat in island campsite in scab-land canyon lake

This is a primitive site on an island in Bonnie Lake in Eastern Washington. Bonnie lake is a canyon lake, about 4 miles long and narrow. The island and surrounding sq. mile of land is owned by the BLM. Access is by paddling up Rock Creek about a mile and another 1/2 mile paddle up the lake. The creek can be seasonally shallow and you'll have to portage across at least one beaver dam. The island is rocky and brushy with enough flat spaces for a tent or two and trees for hammocks. The steep canyon walls provide a stage for coyotes to sing back and forth. Please use sanitary bags to pack out your waste (poop). The island's soil isn't deep enough for proper burial.

There is a spit of land on shore where you can camp too, but I've not done that.

Primitive BLM dispersed campsite with with lots of hiking trails

30 minutes from Spokane and just a few miles off I-90 this is a great area for winter and spring camping and hiking. The lake is open for winter season fishing but closes March 31. There is usually lots of day hike activity, but not much overnight camping.

There are no real amenities except an outhouse near the boat launch and dam. I believe this is part of the Fishtrap Recreation area and there are lots of trails that connect the lakes.

Palouse get away

Easy Night get away. Fun places to go hammocking.

VERY NICE.

Well kept,clean ,nice pool area. Book early.

Quiet camping

Really beautiful campsites and very clean. There was only one other group at the site, but all the tent spots were well spaced apart. The creek was nice background noise. It is also lots of fun to go look for garnets in the creek! Idaho's state gem! The garnet area was closed when we went (erosion), but garnet sand was visible farther down the creek along the road.

Great place to enjoy the water!

Great place to swim, kayak, bike, and go bird watching. There are usually other visitors (especially boats on the water) but it never gets too hectic! Nice place to hang out.

Accessible and beautiful!

This is a great place to take your dog for a walk. The trail is a nice loop through the woods, and there is a nice picnic area, swings, and volleyball court. There are two sides to this park, one is easier to access than the other. The drive out to the park is easily accessed on paved roads.

If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.