About Dalton Springs Campground

There are sixteen first come/ first serve campsites in an aspen and gambel oak grove at 8200 ft elevation. There are multiple trails and roads nearby offering recreation opportunities for biking, hiking, motorized activities, and equestrian use. Mule deer, black bears, and other wildlife may be seen nearby. Newspaper Rock, the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park, and Edge of the Cedars State Park Musuem are nice day trips from the campground.

National Forest
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Dalton Springs Campground is located in Utah
Directions
Turn West onto 200 West/Abajo Drive/County Road 101/Forest Service Road 49 in Monticello and continue for approximately 4.5 miles until you encounter Dalton Springs Campground on your left.
2 Reviews of Dalton Springs Campground
Great spot! Quiet with abundant wildlife

The previous review must have been very early in the season. My husband and I are the campground hosts this year. We had never been here before and we're very pleasantly surprised! The fee is only $10.00 and offers water on site vault toilets and tons of space for privacy. We have nightly visits from the mule deer and are covered up with humming birds! What an awesome place to stay and close to everything!

Nice enough but.....

OK. Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I rather stay somewhere else? Definitely!! The campground itself is nice enough. All sites have in gound fire pits with removable cooking grates, wood table/benches and plenty of space between sites. We are tent camping out of a small car so site parking was ample. The vault toilets were clean enough, I suppose. The cons: the water spigots are labeled as “untested, do not drink”, the road running through the campground, while fine for a pickup, is rough for a small car, the vegetation is WAY overgrown and finally, it is very noisy with OHV traffic since there is an OHV trailhead at the exit. Small problems (except for the water) but enough to make me wish we had stayed elsewhere.