No Drinking Water
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Cr 0083 is located in Manti-La Sal National Forest in Utah
3 Reviews of Cr 0083
Beautiful spot, easy to find

As one of the earlier reviews mentioned, this is a nice, flat spot with room for several parties. We have a small RV and it made it up the dirt road with no problems. There would be plenty of room for any sized RV to park and turn around. Gorgeous mountain views, and lots of wildlife. We saw probably 30 deer, multiple cows, a whole group of wild turkeys, and lots of different kinds of birds. Our dogs were thrilled to run around the large site and up and down the hill adjacent. The only drawback was there were A LOT of cow patties, so if you have dogs with you and they are anything like ours, they will be attracted to them like magnets. Ick. Probably would not return because of that, but would otherwise. Coordinates were very accurate. Just be very careful on the drive up as we encountered several deer jumping into our path for the full four miles up from town, one time dramatically enough that we had to slam on our brakes quite suddenly and very narrowly missed an accident. Would not recommend arriving after dark because of all the free roaming wildlife.

Mixed Feelings

I was looking for a dispersed area to camp for the night. I drove down CR 0086 into the end. Very little option to camp on the side of the road. Ended up at the end of the road when was at the bottom of an old ski hill (Blue Mountain Ski Area).

The hill was teeming with life. When I pulled up there were two mule deer drinking from a small runoff. They stayed within 50 ft of us for over an hour. Also saw several turkeys wander through the same water. There must have been a well used game trail near by.

My mixed feelings come from the fact there was no privacy. I set up a small camp before dusk on the far side of the lot. About an hour later another group set up camp about 100 ft away. I wouldn't camp here again but would spend the day exploring.

CR 0083

Big open lot at the end of CR 0083 near Monticello, UT in Monti La Sal national forest. Good a flat with a nice view. Also high elevation so it’s good and cool at night.