Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 45 ft.
Lake Wissota is located in Wisconsin
14 Reviews of Lake Wissota
Beautiful wooded campground with lots of privacy

Pros:

* The campsites were heavily wooded with lots of privacy

* Very quiet -- didn't hear much noise from neighbors!

* Nice hiking trails

Cons:

* The beach was pretty unimpressive. The kiddos were grossed out by the water & didn't want to swim

Great lake!

Great place to go fishing,swimming and camping! We love staying here for a long weekend and taking the boat out on the water. It is a little busy though and lots of people around. Not a good place if our dog doesn't do well around other dogs. Awesome wildlife, got to see an eagle take a fish right out of the water in front of our boat!

Pristine setting

This campground/park is so beautiful. The campsites are all private and secluded. We really enjoyed that it was all so unspoiled, yet all the areas/paths were well cared for and clean. We brought our dogs and they had a blast too. My only complaint is about the campers who had our site before us. They pulled out of site 111 at 3:10 on Friday the 24th of July and left the site like a pigsty. The fire pit was filled to the rim with garbage; including dirty diapers and underwear filled with poop. It was disgusting. If people don’t know how to clean up after themselves, they shouldn’t camp. Stay home.

Great Fourth of July Site for 3 Day Stay

We took site 87 for two separate tents, 2 vehicles, and an EZ-up over the table, and we really enjoyed it.  That site is very private with a nice hook in the clearing in the woods that made us feel isolated from the camp road, yet we were close to the water pump and to the back walkway into the bath house area.  We discovered the single family bathroom on the South side of that bldg early on, and that helped us feel more comfortable using facilities during this physical-distancing time.

I wondered if the sites closest to the water have any access, but not sure.  The boat dock and beach launch for kayaks is close by car, and we used it twice.  You can also access the water via a 0.5m walk or by bikes on the main car road.  Lovely waters - if you paddle North towards the park shoreline, there are shady places to tie up under white willow trees, or to land and use secluded tie-up points just South of the beach area.  Further North of the beach gets busy with power boats taking off for the big waters of the lake, but worth exploring that shoreline too.  If you paddle south, it's a more calm section with private shorelines but terrific sunset views.

Camping

Good place to camp

Camped at Lake Wissota for 3 days. First time there and really liked it. Nice private sites and the beach looked great but it was too cold for swimming. Got in a canoe ride before the rain. No bugs I guess it was too cool. Bath house in bad need of updating which they're planning on but I've been in worse. Awesome park rangers. Did some local site seeing and I highly recommend lunch in Cornell at Dylan's Dairy. Had the best breakfast at Kelly Grill in Stanley across from the old depot. Nice get away despite the rain.

Great Campground with Private Sites

You'd never know that your neighbor is super close to you in this campground.  The sites are really private with tall trees and lots of greenery/foliage between each site.  There is a lot to explore in the park.  The bathrooms are decent - we found quite a few bugs and frogs in the bathrooms but we didn't mind.

Quaint

I love the hiking trails and my kids love the lake and all the fun activities that a company at like boating and swimming. The only downfall is that it's quite congested

Lake Wissota State Park

Lake Wissota State Park is located in and around Chippewa Falls, WI. My sisters and I came up here once growing up and had a ball. It was just north of Chicago (near where we lived), so it wasn’t far. From my recollection, the grounds were fairly wooded, had an array of wildlife and there was a ton to do in terms of swimming, hiking, canoeing or just enjoying the sights. Wish I had pictures to share.

Nice tent and rv sites. Hot showers. Flush toilets.

We like this one for a quick weekend retreat. Lake access is great on one of the best and bigger lakes in the area. Great place for boating with the family.