About Frozen Head State Park
No Water Hookups
Frozen Head State Park is located in Tennessee
18 Reviews of Frozen Head State Park
Breathtaking

Smaller standard campsites but laid out nicely and not over crowded. Bathhouse is beautiful with cedar stalls. Lots to do with the hiking. Waterfalls were beautiful and everyone we talked to was super helpful and nice. Grounds are well maintained without taking away from the natural beauty.

Excellent place

Not a bad place to camp out, great trails, waterfalls, and location. Will definitely have to revisit

Tucked away behind the state pen

Clean and quiet. Good hiking. Fun spot near home base.

Super family friendly

My kids and I love this place! It’s very family friendly and has several playgrounds. There is easy access for the kids to play in the brook and hiking trails are nice and simple with various lengths for any age hiker.

My new favorite place

Recently stumbled upon this hidden gem. We camped at the Flat Fork site. Having the creek running through camp was amazing. The hiking was good but we didn’t explore too much. We are planning our return to camp at one of the back country sites.

Just Amazing!!!!

This was my favorite spot we camped in all year! They lock the gate at dusk, so make sure you arrive earlier or you won’t get in!!! You can reserve your spot, they have plenty of room between sites, there’s some good hiking, the creek runs through so you can hear the running water all night. Bathroom were immaculate, they clean them religiously. Can’t say enough about this gem!

Excellent campground and people.

Secluded campground with some of the best employees you could possibly ask for.

Road less traveled

First time at Frozen Head State Park. We stayed at Flat Rock group campground #6. Only 3 of us so over kill on the group site but we preferred it over the main campground -Big Cove. Although it was a nice little campground. We had access to the bath house and all the amenities of main campground. Flat Rock is primitive, with only a standard port a potty at the car parking area.

Lush trees, nice little stream/creek. Great hiking and best of all the whole are is rather secluded, not touristy :) We plan on going back in a few weeks

Unexpectedly Very Nice

I stayed at this campground for one night this past spring during April. My friends and I went rock climbing at the Obed and originally we were going to stay at the usual climbers campground spot. After checking it out and realizing we were unprepared to set up a tent in a gravel mud puddle we checked out frozen head's campground and it was so nice. The place we set up our tent was relatively dry for the cold, wet weather (about as good as it gets). The fire rings and picnic tables were great and so were the hiking trails. The best part was how big, nice, and clean the bathrooms were. The bathrooms were kept extremely warm for the weather.

TLDR (Too Long Don't Read)

• IDEAL location to camp if you are climbing at the obed
  • AMAZING bathrooms especially if you are camping in cold wet weather
  • would 100% return if I am looking for camping in TN
  • GREAT price
Serene, beautiful area

Only spent a night there, but were impressed by the beautiful setting, quiet area.

Did camp in the overflow area as that was all that was available - port-a-potty was not flat so a bit awkward.