Standard (Tent/RV)
Lower Falls - Tahquamenon Falls State Park is located in Michigan
-85.2075 W
20 Reviews of Lower Falls - Tahquamenon Falls State Park
So beautiful

Camp was great. Weather pulling in Friday wasn’t nice. The next two days were awesome! Recommend

Nice Park, Beautiful Trails

We arrived at this park late Friday night and couldn’t set up because it was pouring and ended up staying the the first night in our car. I was nervous because it looked like our site was primarily dirt and I thought for sure it would all be mud the next day. However to my pleasant surprise although it was wet, it wasn’t mud so we were able to set up the next morning!!! We were at site 158 which is across from the bathrooms. It wasn’t too busy and most people kept to themselves, and no one cut across our site which was nice! The bathrooms were cleaned at night which made them much better, the shower was subpar but it had hot water and that’s all we need!

The trails were the best part! We hiked to the lower falls (only a mile) and it was a nice hike with some mud but like I said it rained the night before! It was my first time seeing the falls and they were beautiful. I would highly recommend! We would have hiked to the upper falls as well but we had a 10 and 11 year old with us who are not as excited about “walking”. Hopefully we will break them in someday. That hike would be another 4 miles to the falls, then all the way back, so 10 miles total.

My only complaint is the entrance into the park. The campers and the visitors of the trail all share the same entrance. We went up to Whitefish Point in the morning one day and when we came back we had to wait in this long line to even get into the park, just to be passed through. It would be nice if they could make a separate entrance for us so we wouldn’t have to sit there and wait.

Other than that, great park, wonderful trip!!

Beautiful falls

Close to the falls, local bar open in summer minimal winter hours.

Beautiful look outs, site seeing, hikes, snowshoeing and good snow mobile trails in the area.

Local store- minimal supplies (essentials) In paradise

Rustic lots

Highly recommend this park in the fall.

Super nice RV park with nice facilities and a nice playground for the kids. I recommend portage vs hemlock. We stayed in site one next to the playground (not super close like I expected) but I also recommend site 5 and 13 for the views. The park was super clean and we didn't have any issues with bugs (mid Sept). The colors were just starting to change (probably will peak in the first week of October). The lower falls are in walking distance with a little icecream shop.

Stay at the Lower Falls..

We stayed at the Lower Falls campground and LOVED every second of it. The park and facilities were clean and the staff was helpful. The hike from the Lower Falls to the Upper Falls was great and works out with being able to grab some food at the brewery and hike back down. It took us and our boys 4 hours for the round trip.

Very beautiful and the perfect "yooper" experience. Camping this close to the falls makes it one of the best. We enjoyed hiking trails and riding our bikes.

Super awsome

It’s a great place. Nice showers and bathrooms. Store nearby. Good hikes every directions. Walking distance from the falls. A little flooded in October!!

Huge sites

Great state park. Nice facilities, huge sites. Beautiful hiking trails to the falls. Brewery has good beer.

Lower Falls

Great hiking, obvious beautiful falls, and quiet!

Great, but not Peaceful, Hiking

We stayed in the Lower Falls modern campground for 3 nights. The Lower falls were a short hike away, and there was a nice hike to the Upper falls 4 miles away. Unfortunately our campsite backed up to one that was full of noisy, ill-behaved children and a very loud dog. The bathrooms and showers were not cleaned very often and were covered in mud. If I went to Tahquamenon again I'd probably choose the Rivermouth campground in the hopes that it would be more peaceful.