Equestrian
Hike In
Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is located in Texas
36 Reviews of Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
Beautiful and peaceful

This is a beautiful campground, with so much to explore and do. They have all kinds of campsites to fit your skill set or needs. Had a great time visiting the near by town of Hendrickson and Austin.

One of the best in Texas

While rather difficult to get a campsite here, you won't regret taking the extra effort. The campsites are nestled right along Crabapple Creek at the base of Little Rock, providing astonighing views from all directions. This paired with the classic state park faciltiy access makes it amoung the best in Texas.

One of the Best Outdoor Experiences I've had

A friend and I went here on New Year's Eve Day. We hiked only, did not camp but I cannot wait to camp there. It was a great surprise to me that I had not been there before. Such a beautiful place with so much to see.

Best site is 22

I have never seen so many stars! Most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

Camping trip

Great state park for a couple day visit. Good hiking trails. Disappointing that they closed the caves and do not allow dogs on the big rock anymore.

great hiking park

you can camp, hike and rock climb here, beautiful

An amazing landscape to hike and camp

Beautiful place but you'll definitely want to get here early during the summer as it's hot with little shade. If you time your trip right, you'll be able to see vernal pools at the top of the rock - small bodies of water that contain fairy shrimp, among other creatures! They come and go with the wet/dry seasons & are a really cool bit of nature that aren't always so easy to find!

We camped at site 23 and it was really nice! Tree-lined, cozy and semi-private. The tent pads are really hard so bring hammers. The campgrounds closest to the rock have a trail to lead you up to the main trails. Most of the trails have good markers but maps are recommended as some trails are unmarkedice

Make this a regular trip

I go camping here every year! Its pretty hard to get a walk in tent site on the weekends so book way in advance. The sites are always clean the bathrooms are great. The walk in sites have easy access to the small dome for an easy evening hike.

top rock

Spiritually uplifting

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

This campground is seriously amazing and so beautiful. There are some great activities to do with your whole family. One thing I really enjoyed doing was hiking!! Such great hikes nearby. One that was unforgettable was the climb to the ancient dome. The views at the top were incredible!! If you like studying rocks you will also love it here. There are some pretty cool rock formations. I never thought rocks were “cool” or “pretty” until I came here. They are magical. You can also rock climb here, swim, bike ride, camp, and picnic. Some other hikes we enjoyed were the Loop Trail and Summit Trail. As far as let’s go, they are only allowed in designated areas, and can’t be brought of hikes. This is a bummer, but I understand why! There is also great shopping places nearby and food. There is a great place that has amazing ice cream. Definitely a winner.