South Sulphur , TEXAS

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent South Sulphur Camping Reviews
Charming and we'll cared for

Bonham is a small but uncrowded park. Lovely and clean fresh water lake. Tent campsites are well sheltered by trees. Big grassy group campsite area that looked inviting. Lots of biking/hiking trails. Nature is always a blessing but the landscape here is just your average Texas.

Interesting camp site

Very pretty camp and most accommodating. Very close to town,but you would never know it

Great Place

We RV so finding a place with full hookups at each site was mind blowing! We were a bit close to our neighbors so if you’re looking for a site where you’re isolated, this is not the place for you.

We were on the lake so enjoyed spectacular sunsets every night. Lots of work is being done on the park right now, can’t wait to go back and see the improvements.

Clean Safe Family Park

Typical clean and safe for a texas state park. No public drinking. Very little wildlife. We did have some squirrels get into out tent, my bad for leaving sweets out.

No feral pigs which are common these days. Nice sized spaces with tent areas and tables spread out.

Bonus in the loop bathroom they have individual rooms that have toilet and shower with a high lock. Really awesome if you are using shower with toddlers.

We saw signs about the ants bit we didn't see them. We were here over Christmas so that's probably why.

Beautiful, well preserved campground

This park was beautiful. We stayed at campsite 8 in the bright star loop and it was one of the best campsites I've stayed in. It was spacious and felt very private even though we knew there were other campsites close by. The site was also pretty level. We only stayed one night because we were just traveling through, but I will definitely return. The firewood for purchase at the front of the park was very convenient, but a bit pricey. We got in fairly late though so we were grateful for it. There is also a nice hiking trail that was very well maintained. All in all, we greatly enjoyed our short time at Cooper Lake State Park.

Great Quite spot in the Fall

I have camped here a couple of times. The campgrounds are very accommodating. Last time I was here it was fall and the leaves had changed and birds were everywhere. I didn't encounter very many people so, it felt like a had the place to myself.  Walked along the shoreline and captured several pictures of the birds who were visiting as well.

Stay over

Due to rain and cloudy weather spent 3 nights for electrical hook up, I have solar system so with long periods of no sun just as easy to plug in and pay versus running generator,I have 2 freezers full of meat's for the winter in South Texas at RV park.

A truly great place to camp, relax, catch some fish and just get away!

Located on the south shore of Pat Mayse Lake is the beautiful Corps Of Engineer campground Sanders Cove Recreation Area. This three loop campground is nestled among stunning trees and is a wonderful place to RV camp.

With two boat ramps you will have no issues putting your boat in the water. The swim area was kinda dull but better than nothing.

There is a serious fishing tournement held every year, Uncle Jesse Big Bass Classic Fishing Tournament, started by Denver Pyle who played Uncle Jesse on The Dukes of Hazzard fame, Denvers wife continues to hose this tournement in Denvers name today.

Check out my FPV tour of SAnders Cove ecreation area on my YouTube channel here…

Such a Beautiful Family Friendly Campground

For our first RV camping trip of 2018 we took a short drive north to Bonham State Park right outside of Bonham, Texas. This great little Texas State Park was constructed by the CCC back in the 30's. There are plenty of things for a family to do while camping at Bonham State Park! Hiking, fishing, boat rental and best of all Smors cooked over a roaring camp fire! At every Texas Stae Park you can check out fishing equipment from the front office and you do not have to have a fishing license! Bonham State Park takes the fishing to a whole new level by providing boats so you can get out to where the fish are hiding! Bonham State Park is a great place to take the family for a long weekend of camping fun as it is just a short 45 min drive north of the DFW metroplex!

Check out my YouTube video here…

Lake Tawakoni State Park, Nice but not a top 5 Texas State Park

The first weekend camping trip of 2019 found me (Dude RV)  camping in the cold and rain at Lake Tawakoni State Park. This Texas State Park is a fisherman's paradise!

You will have no issues with bank fishing at Lake Tawakoni State Park as there is so much shore line!

My visit to Lake Tawakoni State Park was on the fist weekend of March 2019, and that just happened to be a record setting cold temp event! I spend two very cold days and nights RV camping at Lake Tawakoni State Park. I had the pleasure of meeting new friends and fellow You Tubers Mike and Christie of The Sunset Seekers, great people! Go check out their channel!

I did a little fishing but it was so cold that I really did not want to catch anything because I would have to put my hannds it the water!

I found the park to be a little dated for Texas State Parks. The trails were pretty well unaccessable for my mobility scooter and the park ranger tride to limit my use of the scooter, I set him on the correct path.

I think this park would be better in the warmer seasons. You can see my videos of this park on my YouTube,… Dude RV.