About Tims Ford State Park
Tims Ford State Park is located in Tennessee
14 Reviews of Tims Ford State Park
Relax

I love this campground and at least stay a weekend every time I’m in TN. I love how close to the city it is and the warm water.

Tim’s Ford

Has some nice sites. Very well shaded. 30 amp only. The park has great hiking trails. Restrooms were clean. Good fishing areas. There are dogs kept inside a fence at the park. Suppose this is at Rangers house. They bark a lot. Very annoying. Never seen this at a state park. Tennessee needs to update this park.

Quiet Park

Got a great site back up to the lake with full hookup. Only advice I have is make sure which campground you are in.They have two one at the main entrance another one is around 4 miles from that main entrance,

Boaters Paradise

We visited this area to fly fish the Ell River which is close. The campground is on Tim’s Ford Lake which is Great Lake for boating. Spacious concrete sites with good WiFi.

One of the nicest state parks in TN

This is a place that I grew up camping with my family, and spent countless days on our pontoon boat or kayaks on Tim's Ford Lake. It's a lovely, quiet campground with a great nature center, hiking trails, playgrounds, a pool, and lake access for boating and swimming.

Love the lake!

We come back here every time we’re in TN for work to get away on the weekend and enjoy nature. Lots of spots on the water, you can bring your boat and have a great time fishing, swimming and hanging out.

Quiet

Great location. Sites are not set up for large campers

Camping on Leatherwood Island

great time, one of the larger islands, great lake views. Only down side is the paddle to the island, not hard or difficult, the boat traffic and lack of respect for kayakers was concerning

Devils Step Island @ Tim's Ford

We visit here every summer, great paddling, few cliffs to jump off of, awesome old cemetery right beside campsite. All in all. Great place to unwind.

awesome wildlife

great campground super nice new restrooms and showers. only negative is need a better camp store