The best YURTS camping near
Benton , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Benton Camping Reviews
Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Scenic, but always crowded

Amicalola Falls is well known for a reason: the view is truly gorgeous. But it is always insane with crowds of people. It makes for a really slow going making your way up, and there’s very little peace to be had when you’re there. It’s tough enough to enjoy under those circumstances, but when you note that many are also not wearing masks, you start to get skittish.

Georgia State Parks Rock!

Having only two nights here left a great impression. One of F D Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps masterworks so important to this parks existence that they have a museum on site describing in great detail the transformation of this particular valley. As with all of the Ga. state parks I’ve had the pleasure to visit the campground is immaculate. Lots for the kiddos here with a man made lake and paddle boats and canoes for rent, a miniature golf course, and a creek that runs through the campground that seemed the biggest attraction for a great many of the kids. Hiking trails are exceptional for the adults. We chose a very strenuous trail that delivered on the promise of a beautiful vista looking down on the park and campground. We were there in the last week of July 2019 before Covid so much I describe might be in shutdown mode right now.

Glamping Campsites

Family friendly Glamping campsites with solar shower, queen bed, memory foam mattress, night stands, all the essential cookware, campfire and grill, bathroom facilities, extra 4 person tent. A secluded, quiet and peaceful Private campground with fishing in their 3 acre pond and Miles of hiking Trails. Perfect getaway!

Nice state park campground

Spent 3 days there. Very clean and well maintained. Bathrooms and showers were pristine. Sites were a bit tight but workable.

Unless you are an expert at backing up into difficult angles - avoid site 26 and 31. Uphill - a Z angle and incline. We were 29.5 feet and site was not pleasant experience backing in on blind side and too much pitch at site 26

Visited Vogel State Park on a short day trip.. Jo

Beautiful park. It is very nice and clean. They have a gray dump in the campground and regular dump for both gray & black located just outside of the campground. In fact, Lake Winfield Scott (National Forest) sends you to Vogel to dump. See RV Camping Journal for more details.

Beautiful area

I read a lot before my trip, so I knew to except the 25% grade incline going up to the campground. I wasn’t however expecting the challenging parking in the campsite. Beautiful area, my teens loved it. They found all kinds of insects they had never seen even a Luna moth.

Beautiful campground

Small, but awesome campground with large campsites. Stayed at campsite 15 in April 2019 and Campsite 13 in July 2020. The bathrooms have just been renovated this year and are nice and clean and well kept. They did not have ice at the Welcome center and told us to drive 5 miles to a dollar store. There is a lodge just up the hill that has plenty of ice and should sell it to campers! Otherwise the campsites are nice and private dug into the side of a hill. We loved hiking around the grounds and the falls are stunning. Highly recommend!

One of my favorites!

Great campground and really taken care of. Been several times with my family and our pop-up camper. We did have a bear encounter on our site, but that was due to not properly storing food during the night. Lesson learned! Took a good bite into my 5-day cooler! 😂

Nice base camp before the Hike Inn

We only stayed one night before hiking out to the Len Foote Hike Inn the next day but we were impressed and will come back soon.  The spots are nicely maintained and spread out pretty good, we had enough privacy and plenty of space.  The fire pit was clean and water/electric all worked.  The bathroom and shower facilities were extremely clean and there are 2 laundry setups too.