The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Benton , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Benton Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Benton Camping Reviews
Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Gibson Cove Campground

Gibson Cove Campground was an unexpected find. Beautiful campground located on Lake Chatuge in North Carolina. Gibson Cove campground is a county park with paved roads and gravel campsites. The bathhouse is older but exceptionally clean and well maintained.

The amenities include water, electric, picnic table, fire ring, WiFi, boat ramp, paved walking trails.

Wonderful rv Park

Fantastic place, nice little store, beautiful sunrise makes you ready for day of Adventures. Nice level gravel spots

This camp ground has it all!

Very nice campground pool, playground, and games for all ages. Laundry and cable too! This place is Close to everything you’ll want to do in Chattanooga Tennessee

Amazing Time

Beautiful and Fun! Celebrating family in the woods instead of town! Had a wonderful family RV vacation. Our 1st ever, in a 38’ Class A. We were nervous about parking and getting set up- but they helped us get a spot that was easy to pull into. Great site managers and well appointed! Will return

Perfect base camp for North Georgia roads

TWO has a great location at the convergence of many great roads. Dedicated to motorcyclists, TWO has tent sites, trees to hammock and small cabins for rent. The property is well planned and maintained. On site is a main barn house for gathering with a restaurant, a flowing creek and picnic area. Very popular on weekends with riders stopping for a burger or to talk to others.

Great Campground

We love camping at Fort Mountain. Its usually a good bit cooler due to the elevation, and the private wooded campsites make tent camping in Georgia’s summer heat much more enjoyable. Good hiking and things to do nearby.

My go-to campground

Beautifully kept campground. Tons of room to walk and play. Great swimming and fishing. Boating is huge here Bc there are docks all around the campground to pull up to. Playgrounds everywhere. Nice, new bathhouse on the island at the back of campground. Affordable place to stay a few nights. Believe it’s 21 for water and electric RV sites. Dump stations throughout park. I use the BIG one at the entrance/exit of park, nobody ever there 👌🏻. Rangers patrol this place every 30 minutes at least. Very safe place. Try and grab a spot that I marked on the map, you’ll have tons of shade and close access to all the good stuff!

Scenic, but always crowded

Amicalola Falls is well known for a reason: the view is truly gorgeous. But it is always insane with crowds of people. It makes for a really slow going making your way up, and there’s very little peace to be had when you’re there. It’s tough enough to enjoy under those circumstances, but when you note that many are also not wearing masks, you start to get skittish.

A beautiful week.

We spent a week in Fort Mountain and we can’t say enough about how wonderful it was. The sites are beautiful and feel very private. The facilities are spotless, and the staff at the visitor’s center/store were terrific. The overlooks were spectacular: absolutely beautiful.