About Dreher Island State Rec Area
Dreher Island State Rec Area is located in South Carolina
6 Reviews of Dreher Island State Rec Area
Wonderful Park For RTT

Took my son for two days with out RTT and it was perfect well laid out sites for campers, Rooftop Tents and Tents.

Quite a learning experience for me!

Was scheduled for site #87 but being a recent widow and very limited experience parking I requested a change of site. Since it was early enough in the season and during the week they had one available. Site #1, we joked about it being a “beginners” spot. The camp host had to help guide me in around a tree that required me to fold in the passenger side mirror. Got set up and completely enjoyed our stay until we had to leave. Flagged down a stranger after 4 failed attempts of getting myself out. He was a truck driver and he still had to see saw it out. Thank god for good Samaritans. It ment a lot to me when he said it was a very difficult site to exit!

Great Park

Awesome views, beautiful lake, huge campsites and friendly rangers.

Great lakeside sites

I reserved well in advance, but got a site with electric and water, though I didn't really need either. Well shaded with tall pine trees kept things cool even in mid-september.

Nice sites. Clean bathrooms. Easy lake access all around the peninsula.

The sites stay busy - I witnessed a group of teenagers show up late at night, start a major bonfire and then leave first thing in the morning. There isn't much, if any, ranger presence to enforce noise and nuisance issues.

Peaceful, but a little busy

This campground is a popular spot in South Carolina. Campsites are pretty close together but it's usually peaceful - lakeside sites, good fishing, but be prepared for the mosquitos!

Love the primitive sites.

We camp in the primitive sites with my Boy Scout Troop. And I love to be able to sit by the camp site and look out over the water and watch the sun set. And be able to witness all the beautiful colors it omits off the clouds and water.