Greenville, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Greenville Camping Reviews
Very interesting.

Beautiful scenery, very large park, fishing, boat rentals, man made beach, loooong floating boardwalk, lots of trails, unique sites and tons of history. It was very fun walking around while learning some of the very old and somewhat creepy history. The lodge/hotel is beautiful and very old. Very nice looking cabins arranged in a little community. The park is very well maintained, has a nice playground and cute camp store. A good amount of secluded and shaded sites. Really cool "hill" sites that you have to hike up or down 20-100 feet to your wooded site. Wifey says the bathrooms were below average, outdated and very buggy (most important for her).

Cute campground

We chose this park because it was the closest one we could find that was still open with electric this time of year to downtown Pittsburgh. Also, because it had great cell/internet service on our hotspots and had a lot of trails. Unfortunately, it had been raining a lot so we weren’t able to explore the trails. The campground is nice– the toilets are just pit toilets and they do have a sun shower. They are on a well so there is limited water and they don’t allow you to fill up your on board tank. Make sure you fill up before you go! Also, there is a road in the park (Echo Dell Road) that RV’s/Trailers can’t go on so make sure you approach this campground from Leslie Road!

Great outdoors park for all ages!

Phenomenally awesome state park site,included amenities such as cleaning stations, restrooms, playgrounds, public beaches,& relaxing vistas to just kick back on a bench to have a picnic or just simply take in the views around the vast area the lake itself covers. The entire area especially during early summer to fallmonths is brimming with excited visitors. Locals all coming to one central location to relax& get their outdoor on whatever that may be for the visitor. The  lake includes exceptional fishing, boasting a few of PA's record holding catches, withholds deep& serene beauty,& is very easy to create memorable experiences alike. Plan a day trip or few day stay to see why so many people choosePymatuning State Park as they not to far get away destination today, you won't be disappointed that you did.

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Ok, But nothing exciting

I have been coming here for a few years since I have family in the area, but this year there's a brand new pool (not open yet), and the price for just electric and water with no sewer is $145 more than last year for a two week stay!! Last year was $275 for two weeks and this year is $420!! Priced me out of here….. Oh, no wifi right now either.

Very clean bathrooms! Beautiful sites with lake views.

I love this campground. Nice people and very clean! Lots of nice sites.

GREAT state park

Clean and accommodating state park on beautiful Shenango lake. Great to boat and fish.

Good time

Camped here to be close to Conneaut Lake.  Great grounds,  beautiful ponds.

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Beautiful wooded site

This is a beautiful camping site.

Nice campground!

This campground is near access to Lake Erie, which was very nice! The campground has nice spots, but they aren’t very secluded/private. The campground has bathrooms and showers. Geneva on the lake is a short drive away and was a cute little town to visit!

Nice Spot

Plenty of space, and quarry swimming area is well maintained. Fun place to explore and relax!

Good stay

When we discovered that Shenango Corps of Engineers park had closed early in September, we needed to find a home right away. This met our needs very well. Despite the fact that it’s not our normal kind of camping, in the woods, it was very comfortable. It does not feel crowded, sites were grassy and all utilities worked well. Owners are very nice people and are working to continually improve this property they just acquired a couple years ago. The park is largely seasonal but has several spots for drop-in RVS and tents. Big rig accessible. We reserved for 2 nights, stayed 3 and would return. Bathrooms were clean if a bit unique with a rope and pulley system of water delivery to the shower head. I appreciate that the owners have a desire to keep prices steady but wonder if consideration might be given to some kind of a discount such as a rate for more than two days, passport America, AARP, a weekday discount, a weekly rate ….. $35 is about five dollars more per night more than we typically pay.

Awesome first RV experience

Granted this was our first outing in our mini class c but it was great. Our site was very clean with cement pad and level blacktop drive. A short bike ride connects you to some nice trails to ride into the small town. We ate at the state lodge and it was excellent. Staff was friendly At campground and overall was peaceful And quiet. We will return

Awesome site

Awesome site

Awesome state park with many amenities

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at West Branch State Park

Campground Review:

This state park was very welcome after our first two unlucky Ohio state park experiences. We had no trouble pulling in at 3 pm on a Sunday after Labor Day with no reservations and snagging a very nice spot (Site 50 backs up to Kirwan Reservoir). There are two loops that are on Jay Lake where there is a beach; it was understandable that there weren’t any water view spots that had not been reserved here. A very quiet park that is well-maintained with lots of amenities. Even the rumbling of the nearby trains was on the quiet side! Nice playground with toy stocked sandpit, volleyball net, cheap laundry ($3 per load, wash and dry), dishwashing sinks, showers, and clean bathrooms. There was even a step stool for kids to be able to reach the sinks. A staffed store(9am-7pm on Sunday, 11am-7pm Monday– Thursday and 9 am– 8:30 pm on Saturday) with basic supplies and, of course, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Some of the sites have a slight grade so be cautious when selecting. Many trees that provide separation between sites. Several short hiking trails. A side note: I only saw one non-Ohio license plate besides ours in the entire park, almost like it is an Ohio secret (not anymore!)

-----------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the opportunity to test products. At this campground, I tested the large  Morsel Spork from Outdoor Element. I have to admit that when I unpacked my box from Outdoor Elements, I was surprised at how LONG our morsel sporks were(we have other sporks that are much shorter so I was expecting these to be a similar size) but then I saw a photo of someone using it with their freeze-dried meal and it was an aha moment! No need to dirty another dish because this mighty spork can reach to the bottom of the pouch with no problem! These sporks are also sturdier than others we have used. The rubber scraper edge is a nice touch – would be great for getting the last delicious bits of meals from the freeze-dried meal pouches and I’m thinking also in glass or plastic containers. A very nice addition to our camping tools.

Great weekend getaway

Spent a long weekend with the family. Nice cabins and trails.

Neat “Cliff Jumping” Location

Many of my friends from Ohio recommended checking out Nelson Ledges for apparent “cliff jumping” and a music festival. Overall the site is gorgeous with cliffs, a large lake, an island, beaches, pavilions, and decent travel roads. The cliffs aren’t that high and partially man made with cement pebbles. The rock-face was kind of painful to sit on due to its artificial nature. The location was cool, but felt very regulated and sterile. A lot of the rocks are man made with cement.There are also tons of signs up saying “no cliff jumping”, so it was kind of odd that it is known as a cliff jumping location. Definitely a pretty location with some decent amenities for campers!

Averagely Kool Family Campground

My friends and I were going to a festival in the Northeast Ohio area. The festival camping was full, so we stayed at this location for a night. The sites are very affordable if split between little people. This very family orientated campground has a gravel road system connecting a ton of camp spots, RV locations, mobile homes, a playground, a swimming lake, and a even a fishing lake. The ground itself is huge, so kids can have fun and run around with other kids in nearby sections of the campgrounds. Overall there are a ton of amenities and very friendly staff. We told the office lady we would be back late at night, and she gave us a special passcode to the gate. That was super kind of her. The land isn’t particularly pretty and the campsite for tent camping are rather close together, but it’s a good location overall for RV’s. I wouldn’t recommend this location if you’re trying to enjoy nature, because sites are pretty close together and certainly not secluded. There are positives for tent campers including water taps, outlets, trash receptacles, bathrooms, and hot showers.

unmaintenanced

the lake is beautiful  and the park is clean but the cabins or the one I was in needed maintenance badly.front porch was soft and spongy .the screened in porch had huge holes in the screens and a huge gap in the floor .the picnic table and fire pit were leaning  badly. the bedroom had a hole in the wall which should  have been a easy fix if anyone  cared. the boat rental was nice

Beautiful setting

The camp is beautiful. Opportunities for disc golf, archery range, canoing/kayaking/row boats, swimming (no lifeguard) and golf. Showerheads were to low for anyone over 5'7", and only a few sites were full hookup.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Called it my second home

Might be 24 now but when I grew up my grandfather always brought me up here on the weekends or during the summer for a week and I always called it my second home it’s a beautiful camp for couples and family’s. Only about 15-20 mins away from the beaches. Definitely a must stay place.

Great Site

My wife, 2 dogs, and I came with no reservation. They gave us a temporary tag to drive around and see what site we wanted. We ended up going to site 190 which had a decent amount of space to tent camp. The amenities were great. Clean shower and toilets in a well lit building.  There is also a dog park with a pond 2 minutes up the road which was great to wear the dogs out at. The only complaint I have is the site was a little close to our neighbor for our liking but we would go back!

Great fishing camp ground

Fantastic camp ground for anyone looking to rough it a bit, they have cabins and rv/tent sites located on Elk Creek great area for fishing and great people.