Camping in Allen

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Allen, Pennsylvania

198 Reviews of 37 Allen, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Darrel and Mary W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Green and clean in the River

Nice little campground on the Allegheny River, hosts were friendly and facilities were clean. River was running way high from all the rain so we choose not to kayak, but a lot of others did.

Pete D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Popular Location

Overall a comfortable One night stay. Sites were tight. Three bath houses available. Depending on where you’re at - it’s a very fast run if u need it quickly.

Staff was very accommodating to our requests and needs. Professional. Employees were friendly and helpful.

Grounds were kept nicely.

Christine J.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Campground in Allegheny National Forest

Nice location near the water. Campground has three sections to it. Once you come in the main enterance, off to your right are nice walk in tent sites. Off to the left are two loops for tent and RV camping. There are two bath houses, one near each loop. They each have three hot water showers,…

• Not much shade.
  • Not much shade.  Site #31
  • This hiking trail up the road towards Kinzua Dam is an awesome trail if you are a hiker.
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Beautiful campground on the edge of a lake

A favorite 2-night stay out of 20 stops on a 7-week road trip in our 17' travel trailer. Happy to have full hook-ups. Very clean pit toilet across the road and clean, well-equipped bathhouse nearby.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Beautiful Campground

This was our third trip here. One of the best campgrounds in the state, especially in the off season.

SiteCabin 94
Patty A.
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Scenic and great hiking

Cabins are great for families and there are also activities and hiking....Close to some attractions for adults and children too.

Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Stars galore

I went with 2 of my best friends and the stars were magnificent! Saw multiple shooting stars as well! The campsites are a little too open and close for my liking but the area in general is beautiful! So many hiking trails as well with hills and water!

Siteunsure
Month of VisitOctober
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nice & quiet, close to elk.

Nice PA state park campground and close enough to Benezette (elk) with a short (30 minutes) car ride.

Lots of good hiking. The lake’s nice. Facilities are modern and clean.

Cell service is spotty.

Sitenon-electric.
Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Most beautiful and peaceful place to tent camp! Definitely a long drive for us but it was beautiful before we got the snow and even during (what we could see). One thing I didnt like was we have to drive to the hiking trails.

Backpacken P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Aswome for primitive camping 🏕

Aswome place for primitive camping 🏕 No rubber tramps here no hook ups , or water primitive only And camp outs Plz clean up after yr self ty

I
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

M
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2020

Perfect getaway. A true oasis.

I love this place! Site 61, a walk-in site...complete sleeper along the water. Highly recommend!

Amie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

Perfect Family Spot!

We spent 5 nights here and it was perfect. It's just myself and my toddler. There is a Walmart not too far away if you need supplies but they do sell both ice and firewood here in the campground. If they are out, ask and they will get more for you. The staff are really, really friendly.

Ice is$2…