About Hershey RV & Camping Resort

Set on 200 acres of rolling farmland in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Hershey RV Camping preserve is enclosed in a natural valley of grassy fields, sloping down to a small fishing lake. Six miles away is Hershey's Chocolate World (rides and live entertainment), ZooAmerica, plus many golf courses and 3 major outlet centers. Nearby our Thousand Trails Pennsylvania Dutch Country RV campground are also Amish settlements and the Indian Echo Caverns. Hershey RV Camping has something for everyone, from the amusement park enthusiast to the history buff! Hershey RV campground near Chocolate World Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Hershey RV & Camping Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

Price
$50.00 - $60.00
Thousand Trails
Hershey RV & Camping Resort is located in Pennsylvania
16 Reviews of Hershey RV & Camping Resort
Private campground affiliated with Hershey Park - very close to park

I stayed at HersheyPark Camping Resort with my family over the extended Easter weekend this year. For me, there are definitely some decent pros and cons for this private campground near Hershey Park. Like almost everyone else staying here - the official campground of Hershey Park - we were here for the park, not necessarily the campground. We did not, therefore, participate in many of the campground activities that weekend, like the egg hunt or various arts & crafts stuff. We also did not visit the game / arcade room, for the same reason - so I can’t speak to that stuff.

Pros: Proximity to Hershey Park and the town of Hershey itself - this is obviously the big one; free shuttle to the park, and I believe you can get in earlier than other guests; discounted park tickets that make it even more economical to stay here vs. other options in the area; the playgrounds are great and well-maintained with seemingly new equipment; the camp store is large and has everything you could possibly need; if you bring your equipment, the neighboring river is fishable; seemed to be a lot of kids events, though as I mentioned we did not participate; the campground in general is very welcoming with a good atmosphere; clean bathhouses and convenient dishwashing stations; lots of options for how you want to camp - they have huge RV pull-through sites, smaller sites for travel trailers / pop-ups, some tent sites (though that’s clearly not their prime business), and cabins available to rent as well

Cons: Cost, especially in the summer months during prime time, which is understandable given demand; some of the sites are not very level, ours included (which they warned us about when they told us which one it was).

Overall, the pros drastically outweigh the cons, and my family had a really wonderful experience here - and we will be back!

Very Small Sites, close together.

Hershey Park is AMAZING, I'm 26 and I loved every minute of it.

The campsite wasn't that great. It had the essentials like a fire ring and a picnic table, but the "tent pad" was large gravel surrounded by over grown grass. The bathrooms were very nice (best ive ever camped with and the saving grace of this review). They also had a large camp store and affordable wood and ice. BUY YOUR PARK TICKETS AT THE CAMPGROUND, there is a discount and also a free shuttle to and from all the Hershey locations.

We were so close to the neighbors that we could understand each others conversations, but we only had that problem at night around the fire.

Lovely place

Very friendly staff and super clean facilities and property

More resort, than camp

If you are looking for traditional camping in the woods, than keep looking, however if you are looking for a resort getaway type of camping, than this place is for you! The pools were what you could imagine in a Disney resort or something! it was huge! I also all of the staff were very kind and caring individuals, I honestly felt like i was staying in a resort hotel ( until i crawled into my tent) This place was wonderful! and it was super close to the Hersey factory, which was a must see site for the kids! (We bought our tickets to the Hersey park through the camp ground, and it saved us some money) Each site had a fire pit, which allowed us to have a fun night making smores! I will likely be back!

Official Hershey Amusement Park Camp Resort

The town really does smell like chocolate. This is a resort style park that we went to with scouts to ease them into tent camping. The sites are packed in like sardines and it’s pretty chaotic. Pros: close to the amusement park, cabin options, various park extras (early entry, coupons, package deals), pool, extensive store & gift shop, sports fields, etc. easy to remember loop names. Cons: very packed, lots of kids, not too quiet, train tracks right next to many of the sites and cabins, no park shuttle, not for nature experience. If you are ok with this kind of “resort” as a cheap place to stay while in Hershey, it’s ok.

Convenient to Hersheypark

The campground is part of Hershey and as such offers good discounts to Hersheypark. While it offers nice amenities and a shuttle to Hersheypark, the campground itself is very tight, cramped, and hard to navigate. The sites are so small that many tow vehicles have to park partially on the narrow access roads making it difficult to get in and out of with a big rig.

We stayed here in a Class A motor home.