Water Unknown
About Scott Lake Campground

This hidden treasure is a photographer's paradise. The high elevation, primitive campground sits on picturesque and pristine Scott Lake. On clear days, catch stunning views of the snowcapped volcanic peaks of the Three Sisters as they cast their reflection on the serene lake. Be prepared for heavy mosquitoes in July and August. A forest of subalpine fir, mountain hemlock, and bear grass surround the lake.

The campground is next to Benson/Tenas Trailhead and access to the Mt. Washington Wilderness is close by.

Season
No Phone Service
No WiFi
Scott Lake Campground is located in Oregon
Directions
From McKenzie Bridge, OR, travel east on Highway 126 for 3 miles to Highway 242. Follow Highway 242 east for 14 miles to Forest Road 260. Take a left of Forest Road 260 west Scott Lake Campground and nearby Benson/Tenas Trailhead (fee site).
3 Reviews of Scott Lake Campground
Stunning!

So when I first found this campground I wasn't sure what to expect being as reviews and info were sparse so I'll do me best to sum it up. Things to know that arent stated. It is free may require NW forest pass. It's a drive, hike, bike and walk in. I didn't see any spots big enough for RV but there is space to park that isn't officially a site.

Location: Beautiful sits about 5,000 feet right off McKenzie Pass Road (closed from November to June)

Sites: I saw 6 drive in with fire ring, picnic table also 2 vault toilets…. There's more walk/ hike in but we had to much gear to do that.

Directions: Very easy to find spots all along lake and Google maps took us right to spots.

Activities: Great! Had a kayak/boat launch also had the Scott Mountain TH right there within 1/4 walking distance on dirt road. It seems that a forest fire was pretty recent ontop but the grounds seemed kind of untouched

Warnings: This was my first time up this pass. Elevation is very high which means incremental weather. Aka woke up in October with snow which happened to us.

Overall 5 stars must visit. We will be coming back next year when less snow and road reopens

Beautiful beyond compare

Camped here in mid October, not many people around but the view of the three sister mountains were phenomenal!!! Clean campground and nice camp sites

Beautiful camping, easy access to gorgeous hiking and just primitive enough

This campsite is the perfect place if you enjoy secluded tent camping in a primitive style but still want the comforts of a fire pit, picnic table and a toilet. The scenery is hard to match. Views of Three Sisters makes for the most breathtaking sunrise and hiking around the lake is beautiful. There is also hiking up to Tenas Lakes or Scott Mountain that makes for a good day trek. It was serene, quiet, picturesque, clean, and free! We paid $5 to park and the walk to our cite was not bad. Get there early to get the best spot; first come first serve.