The best YURTS camping near
Durant , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Durant Camping Reviews
Very friendly and beautiful park

Very friendly and a beautiful park

Loved it

We learned about this campground through the owners activities with Veterans. We stayed for 7 days and we were able to have totally relaxed days as well as very active days. Right next to the river for kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing. Off-road vehicle trails a petting zoo on site. Check the web site for activities, there may be live music or a large gathering scheduled which may or may not be your thing. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is that it’s a work in progress. New cabins were being added and more trails were being cut while we were there.

Love the Lake...Site 9 not so much

Great sites around this lake but if only the area around #9 is open you might want to rethink. Right on top of each other and the picnic tables, fire pits are oddly placed.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

We’ll go back

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, easy parking, with plenty of space. The lots are long so no trouble parking an extra vehicle. Fishing pond, fishing/swimming pond with water slides, and a swimming pool. They also have a separate COI pond.

Love love love Lake Murray!

So many trails, sites on the lake, playgrounds, marina, beautiful lake! If you come here don’t miss out on Tucker’s Tower! Tucker’s tower is a nature center/museum inside lake Murray state park. We’ve stayed here many times and made beautiful memories!

Campsite trade-offs

This campground is situated on a peninsula that juts out into Lake Murray. Because of this, there are some great lakeside campsites just steps from the water and no campers on either side of you. The downside is the lakeside campsites are set up on the eastern side of the peninsula and parking is N/S with about 20’ between campers. The campground road runs down the middle of the narrow peninsula with trees on the western side of the road (no sunset views unless you walk to the point). Because of this configuration, it requires parallel parking (like a pull through site but literally parked on side of road). The site I reserved (Site 21) was a mere 3 ft from the road. Not too big of a problem, except that I’m a light sleeper and cars/trucks/RV’s, trucks pulling trailers, motorcycles etc. noisily and regularly drive right by and especially at night this was a problem for me. During the day I was more concerned for the families with kiddos that were scootering and riding bikes in the street.

The location of this campground is great in proximity to other things in the Park. The Buckhorn trailhead is right in the campground, so easy access to hiking. Trails are well marked and not too difficult. Campground is closer to the Lodge and access back to the main road into the small “town” for supplies. Because the campground is on a peninsula the campground host said that there tends to be a breeze. When I was there a severe storm hit and I can attest to this location being primely located for wind!

Note: my understanding was this campground accommodates rigs 30 feet or smaller, but I did see larger RV’s pull in and set up.

Summary:

• Site: No 21 level concrete pad with 30 amp electric and water hook up/no sewer, picnic table, fire ring and BBQ grill

• Shower facilities on site, but closed when I was there due to Covid-19

• Dump site available

• Boat landing and pier in campground

• Little gazebo at the end of the peninsula in campground (nice for watching sunsets)

• Good sized sandy swim area with designated parking

• Tent camping area with large parking lot. However, the sites weren’t very private

• Bike/walking trail to 2 other campgrounds

• Cons: I felt like I was camped on the side of a road. For this reason, if I were to return, I would chose a site in the area with back in camping. Although these sites aren’t on the water and are closer together, they are at least set off of the road and would be quieter.

Lake Murray SP has campgrounds with nicer sites, but Tipp’s Point would do in a pinch.

Attentive staff. Pleasant breeze. Family friendly. Some RV spots are right by the water. Reserve online. Can’t wait to go back!

Very quite

Lots of tall trees plus some open areas. Trees will not block canopies or pull outs ! Very helpful staff ! Has 30 and 50 amp . Along side a river also plus they have cabins

Family friendly

Perfect place to camp. Very nice facilities.