The best RV SITES camping near
Drexel , OHIO

Most Recent Drexel Camping Reviews
Beautiful setting, but...

For us this campground didn’t work, so much so we left after the first night of a 3 night stay and threw away $80 essentially. We had zero cell reception on both our ATT and T-Mobile phones (huge problem since my husband works from home), there was no water hookups (problem for a family of 6), and the nearest potable water you had to Drive careful to, and the grey tank dump closest to us was in the middle of the campground (couldn’t drive there, so not sure how that was supposed to work). If you want just electric and enjoy peaceful/quiet, this is probably okay for you, but for us we will not be returning nor recommending this campground.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Thousand Trails - Wilmington RV Resort

We have been camping here for over 4 years.  We like the location to the State park nearby for hiking trails and mountain biking trails (Ceasar Creek).

They have the following amenities a small Putt putt course, Game room, lending Library, Basketball half-court, horseshoes, Volleyball, GAGA ball area.  They are a nice smaller playground near the pool.  Speaking of the pool it is on the larger side and heated they also have a kids pool and hot tub, there are also laundry facilities on-site.   The campground consists of 3 loops  - A mostly full hookup, B loop Water and Electric and C loop is a mix.    If you like wooded areas check out C loop.

Very nice small park and campground

My wife and I love this small state park. There are two main camping areas, wooded and shaded for smaller rv’s, trailers, tenters while the other section caters to larger RV’s and Motor homes with pull thru and longer pads. This section does have some trees but mostly sunny. There is one main bath house that is quite nice and kept clean. Several restrooms are scattered throughout with flush toilets. Camp hosts are friendly and helpful and do a great job of keeping the campground clean when folks leave. There is a small camp store, though its been closed this summer. There are places to get firewood and prices vary from $5-20 per bundle or stack. Marina is on the other side of the lake but only rents small boats and pontoons. The lake is limited to 9.9 hp motors. OK fishing from the beach area and docks. There are a few hiking trails and they do have cabins that have been updated recently. We are there several times a year camping with our teardrop.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Big lake

Nice site!

Great hiking

Wonderful trail hikes with awesome views

Leech beach

Mostly full time people living in run down campers , fun swimming spot for kids

Fun spot

It has new owners and name and not like the old meadow lake but still fun for kids

John Bryan

John Bryan campground conveniently located near Clifton mills gorge, Glen Helen and yellow springs. There's actually a spring that is actually known as yellow springs, the water is clear, clean and refreshing with a taste of I cut my finger in the kitchen blood. Kids run up and down green hills, ride bikes in their pajamas. Vault toliets are spacious with hand sanitizer by the doors. Some sites have trees that can be used to set up hammock camping. Fire pit rings and great access to affordable, dry, and good bundles of wood just outside the entrance to campground.