Aberdeen, OHIO

Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
Awesome campground on the lake!

This time of year (October) this campground is walk up only. We got there as quick as we could and are glad we did as we were able to grab an awesome site. There are tent sites and RV sites here and the campground is gorgeous. It’s right on a lake(so expect boat traffic) and there are several loops all along the lake. Those loops are connected by a trail that I enjoyed walking on. Internet service is spotty there– our Verizon hotspot worked ok, but the Sprint was super slow. There are mountain biking trails that you can access right from the campground so that was nice. You can also go on a short hike up one of the knobs. However, there really isn’t a good view at the top. I loved this campground and would go back in a heartbeat! In fact, I didn’t want to leave!

Quiet Campground with Trees and Shade

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Pike Lake State Park

Campground Review:

We stayed at site 67 next to the camp host. The camp site was nicely shaded with a small creek behind it. We had a lot of shade and didn't feel like we were on top of our neighbors. Not all the sites were as spacious as ours so be careful which one you choose. In fact, there was one so small, I'm not sure where a tent would go…maybe plan on sleeping in your vehicle? The campground has drop toilets in a few spots (very clean) and up front they had a great shower house. There were four in total that had the toilet and shower all in one. There are baby changing stations in each of them as well. They were kept nice and clean. We walked up to the camp store which had a ton of items. If you forgot to bring it, they probably had it. There are two playgrounds, one in the campground and one right across the way. There is a small pond/lake that has a beach you can kayak or canoe and fish (renting them is an option). We like to hike and there were plenty of trails to follow. Some of the trails are horse and some are not. There is no cell phone service - we didn't get service until we were on our hike on top of the hill. We will definitely go back again.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Morsel Spork and Morsel XL. I was able to get 4 products. I ordered 2 Morsel Sporks and 2 Morsel XL. I got green (my favorite color) and my husband got blue. They stay in our kitchen box that we use for camping. For dinner we had a salad and mashed potatoes with Backpackers Shepherd Pie. The fork part of the spork was used for the salad and did just fine. I then used the spoon part of the spork to scrape up the small leftovers (cheese, crouton crumbs, etc.), it cleaned up really well. My husband was able to use the XL Spork to stir in the Backpackers bag, and guess what? It reached the bottom without his hand having to go deep inside to reach the bottom. The rubber edge on the spoon part is like having your own little spatula to make sure you get every last piece of your food. In the morning we had Biscuits and Gravy (in a bag) and again we used the XL Spork and ate right out of the bag instead of dirtying more dishes. They are dishwasher safe, but as my husband tells you, it's clean…I just licked everything off.

I'd recommend getting a Morsel Spork - find the size you need, they have a few to choose from.

Jesse Stuart Greenbo Lake Lodge

We recently stayed at Jesse Stuart Greenbo Lake Lodge from Oct 17 thru Oct 20 2019. Our was a wonderful room looking over towards the lake. The room was clean.The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a couple of minor electrical issues which we told the staff about. The only negative thing that I can say about the room is that the TV was very small for the room size. An their is no way to store any food or drinks in the room because their is no type of mini refrigerator available in the room. Which would have been nice. But we would stay at the lodge again in the future. We would give the room a score of 3.5 stars⭐️

Camp at twin knobs and hike at tater knob fire tower and lockegee lookout .

The site is good but remember to bring sleeping pad due to you only for site for tent

Always had a nice time there

Primitive camping and rv space. You can rent a cabin and such. There is a resort.  Everything always looks really nice. So many recreational activities, caves, hiking, horses and a lot more. I would really recommend visiting.

Good for kids. Just be aware of the bad set up here.

Started out bad. Had showed up at site with no electricity available. Was told had to share box but only one 30 and one 50 amp. So if you both have a 30 amp the other has to get an adapter for the 50. 20 years of camping and never had to do that before. On the website it says 30 amp available .

The park was not willing to help me they said first come first serve for the 30 or 50 whoever is first and would not let me Borrow an adapter only willing to sell me one for $30.

Thank goodness for good campers that let us use one. Always Met good people at every campground we’ve been to but some of the staff at Greenbo is horrible.

Not willing to help you here and a bad setup.

Relaxing and peaceful

We just spent a relaxing long weekend at this campground. Sites are level with electric and water at each one. They provided a fire ring and a picnic table for us. The bathrooms are kept very clean and offers quality toilet paper and paper towels. My grandkids loved playing in the river catching crawdads and tadpoles. Perfect for wading. We brought our kayaks and were shuttled up river by the staff. The staff are the friendliest and helpful people that you could ever meet. The hammock area set up by the river makes me want to go back and stay. I love this place and will definitely go back.

Great peaceful campground

Stayed a couple nights. Nice level site on river. Owners are wonderful. They have 7 private bathrooms with shower. Also a laundry room with one washer and dryer. We actually walked down boat ramp (which they have) and went swimming in the Ohio River! It’s nice to sit outside and watch the river and barges traveling up and down.

Our local go to spot

We love this place. It’s close to home so we know the good spots. Some are uneven and tight but most you have a nice yard. There is a primitive loop that you can camp On the lake. No swimming aloud they have a nice pool for that. There is hiking fishing golf mini golf tennis and playgrounds plus shelter rentals. They have a great Halloween month. Most sites are shaded.

Whoowee crowded and dense!

I've never seen such a dense campground. Granted, I was there Labor Day weekend, but this campground was huge, with very few trees and small lots very close together. It was chaos with people everywhere!

The shower house was just ok. Not clean, but not extremely dirty. Like most Ohio State campground shower houses are, mildly to very dirty.

I won't be staying here again because there was no privacy. I go camping to experience nature, not to be 12 feet away from five other families and hear their chaos all day long.

Like a giant parking lot

I didn't stay here but I drove through the campground and kayaked on the lake. The campground feels like a huge field- very few trees, a huge exposed area, and lots are extremely close together. The lakeside camping area looked like an RV parking lot.  I was there Labor Day weekend and it was absolute chaos, with people everywhere and kids just covering the street. Not my cup of tea!

The showerhouse is old and not that clean. The shower seemed to spray the entire wall in front of it- water was everywhere.

The lake was huge and open. Not great for kayaking but nice if you have a pontoon or fishing boat.

I won't be staying here, not my style.

Love this campground!

We have stayed at this campground numerous times and always enjoy ourselves! The staff is very nice and campground is clean! They have two play areas for kids and gorgeous lake to visit!

Broke campers dream

This drive in campground is awesome for those who like to camp for free. Right off the highway! Located on Cave Run Lake. No fire pits, no restrooms, no water or electricity hookups. Most spots have boat in access! Will definitely be going back! Located in Morehead, KY.

Twin Knobs

This drive in camp site is a pay only and it’s best to call a couple weeks before your trip to reserve you spot! You can tent camp, pop up, or set up your pull behind. Twin Knobs is very clean and spacious campsites and most are on the water! This campground has basketball courts, a beach area, restrooms and more. Pet friendly but must stay on a leash.

Decent for a quick stop

Located right off the interstate (a little noisy), road leading into campground is narrow and bumpy. Campground itself is pretty full of longterm residents, just a few daily spots available. Fairly narrow spots but it worked for a night or two for us. No frills.

Beautiful place

It is a beautiful campground.. just make sure you clean up after your selves so the next person doesn't have to clean your mess! If you leave food and garbage out you will attract Bears..  Always remember we are in their home so yes they will come for food! Just keep your area tidy and clean and take your trash with you when you leave..

Home away from home

I’ve been going to Eastfork for many years now and it will always be a second home to me. The campsites are good sized and wide spread. Most sites are set a bit in the woods which gives you more privacy. Bath houses are always clean and the showers are well maintained. If you like walking the trails, there is a great variety of different paths and maps and signs to assist you. A friend and I went out for a hike and got turned around after dark. We sent a message to the Eastfork Facebook page and they answered us within 5 minutes and helped direct us out! I will always recommend this place!

Night Vision

I decided to drive by on a roadtrip to see if I could spend the night before continuing on in the morning. The dates were not populating on the reservation website and no one answered the phone, so I just drove in around 10. There were plenty of people still out and about and the bath house was lit up. I drove around one time trying to scope out an empty tent site where I wouldn't disturb anyone. I looked at both tenting areas and either would have been pleasant. The campground was pretty full with only a few spots left. There was a large church group. Nice flat ground with lush grass. I chose a spot at the end of the lot past the RV Loop and I could see a ton of stars and let the sounds of the night lull me to sleep. Very quiet and it was still that way when I packed up before 6 the next morning. The office didn't open until 9 , so I left some cash in the door. I didn't explore anything other than the bath house and the general layout. Seemed to be very well maintained, clean, quiet, and certainly convenient just minutes off the interstate. I wasn't sure I was going the right way at first as you go through a patch of rough neighborhood before arriving at the property.

Sunset ☀️💓🐥

Beautiful sunset over the water with some new friends ☀️🐥

Love Longs!!!

Love no cell reception! Quiet clean and staff (owner) is always pleasant and helpful!

Beautiful!

Grew up going here and still to this day it is my absolute favorite place to camp. You can tent camp which is what we did growing up or you places for campers. Most of all of the sites are shaded. Close walk to the lake with quite a few walking trails. Nice bathhouse’s.

Best small campground

My absolute favorite campground. It’s small, clean, level pads and just plain fun. They typically have nice activities for the entire family along with the pool and museum.

Nice wooded camp grounds semi close to the water

Full disclosure 1st time here and last minute (night before) booking. The whole campground is nice depending on how you're camping. Some site are better than others in general, but some are better fitted for campers and other for tents. I'm not talking about electric/water hookup vs primitive, just layout. We booked Thursday night on a last minute cancellation for Friday-Sunday. A site with electric in the H loop. It was clean and the sites are nicely spaced so you're not right on top of another. Problem is it was all booked up online so we expected a busy campground and over 1/2 the sites booked were empty all weekend. Not that that was a bad thing. It just that better site were available. I think this is a problem with the online booking system that can be fixed. They have a mix of sites and small cabins. We will probably book one of those on a return trip. Despite what the maps show there are no sites that are "waterfront". The sites next to the water have steep drop offs so no back door fishing. It's easy to get to the water just not right at the sites. The swimming beach was a disappointment. The water was nice but the beach itself left a ton to be desired. It's lined with gravel that's not real bare foot friendly. In the heat of the summer when we were there the gravel was extremely hot and hard to walk on. Once I. The water was fine, but if you plan to lay out and tan bring something padded to lay on. Also. The goose poop.. Man was there a ton of goose poop on the beach. I mean all over the place. There is another sand beach that's a boat up to beach by the boat dock that's also accessible by shore but depending on the water level may not be that great. It was sand not gravel and didn't have much "beach. More like field next to water. It was much better. Still goose poop but not as much. The lake water was close to clear and clean. The staff was nice. There are a moderate amount of shower house bathrooms but some site may have a decent walk. There is one store in the campground by the beach but didn't have much in it. Boat traffic for the time didn't seem bad. Overall it was a good trip, and we will probably be back.

Great weekend

Great place to come. The beach area was nice. Camp sites were clean and well kept. Bathrooms were clean it hot .. will be back ❤️

Hilly, beautiful and secluded

My family stayed here because we were visiting the Ark Encounter.  I’m not sure if there are closer campgrounds, but we chose to primitive camp here for our visit.  We arrived with just enough time to set up up our tent and head back towards Alexandria for dinner and supplies at Walmart.  There is not much variety and choices very close.  The RV and tent area is very hilly.  Our tent ground sloped but it didn’t bother us very much.  The campsites are very close to each other but there was only two other tent campers and they were both over 4 sites over from us. The tent area has portable toilets.  I chose to drive to the shower house when I needed to use the restroom.  The shower house is typical of most campgrounds, a few cobwebs but generally clean with shower and toilet stalls.  There are two shower houses for the entire campground.  The lake is very pretty, a few camp grounds are right off the shore.  The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no water spigot in the main tent camp area.

Love it!

I’ve been camping at stonelick for all of my life, it’s been a tradition to camp there with my family for 25 years. it’s very kid friendly, dog friendly, and there’s always friendly people around. the hiking trails are beautiful, and kayaking on the lake is also very pretty.

Close to home

Not a big fan of the park. Good 🐟

Good family fun

Plenty of things to do.

Great Lake

Easy access to boat ramp. Campsites are small. Wish the hiking trails by the campground had more of a lake view.