the dyrt
Aberdeen, OHIO
Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
Awesome

I've camped here many times with my kiddos and have always had a great time with no trouble

A very peaceful campground!

This is one of the most relaxing campground we have ever been to. It was so nice camping right on the Ohio River,watching barges go by.

Wonderful

It's a a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the Ohio river. Can't wait to go back.

Love this place!

This is a gorgeous campground right on the Ohio River. The new owners are so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to come back and explore more of they area!

Ohio River Campground - Hidden Gem

This is a peaceful and quiet campground located along the Ohio River. All sites have 50 amp and water hook ups. Most have fire rings and picnic tables. It is amazing to watch the river barges go by and they also have fishing available. Shower house is clean and warm!!

Excellent campground

I love just pulling into a site and not leveling the RV. Besides that, the park is well kept with plenty of spaces and the bathhouse is clean. Lots of hiking trails including house trails.

Nice scenery, very strict

The campground in tucked in the middle of the state park and seems pretty secluded (no cell service). The primitive camping sites are pretty packed in and don't have a lot of privacy, and not a lot of flat land to set up a tent. $25 a night is a bit steep for the amenities you receive.

The campground is very strict about the rules - you are NOT allowed to gather firewood (of any size - which seems odd to me) but then they are also very strict about what firewood you can bring in. I guess you should plan on buying it there - although they charge $6 a bundle. Another strange thing is that you must have your dogs on a leash at all times. We were literally the ONLY campers there and they still felt the need to enforce this. Our dogs are very friendly and well-behaved. I could understand this if they had gone up to the ranger car, were barking, or not listening to us, but it just seems odd to me to enforce this.

I don't think this would be a park where we will return as it would not have been enjoyable if there had been a lot of other people.

We were able to enjoy the beautiful lake and the fall views.

One last thing to add - there is a cemetery in the middle of the campground which I find a bit creepy!

Beautiful in the fall

I have camped here in the spring and summer. This was my first trip in fall. The weather was wet and cold, but it couldn’t take away from the experience. The campsite that I was on was a double.(A30). It has electric, no water or sewage on the spot. We had 2 campers on the site with plenty of room. One is 37 ft and the other is 24 ft. There was plenty of downed trees to cut up. You should bring a bow saw. We also brought some wood. We were close to the water and trails. All of the teens that were with us had a ball(hiking, biking, basketball, and fishing). Sites are all clean and level and the bathrooms are clean.

A simple, but extremely friendly park!!!

Most of the sites are gravel, but level site the site that I stayed out had excellent service as far as water, sewer and electric goes. Very clean bath houses. A lake for fishing, or just watching the ducks. And a very large pavilion, For special events and get-togethers. Wonderful, friendly staff, just looking to be of service to you.

Peaceful, beautiful, a must visit!!

This is an amazingly well maintained, beautiful campground. The sites are on the lake and are large and flat. Awesome views and a tranquil lake for kayaking, canoeing or swimming. This is a must visit park!

Awesome Lake

Very clean and fun lake, close to campgrounds, boat rentals, marina, and hiking close.

Good Campground

Greenbo is a good campground that we’ve come to years, and over the last few it keeps getting better. Bathhouses are clean and maintained really well, good selection of primitive, electric and water, and full hook up sites. A nice lake for fishing, trails and a nice lodge with good food.

Golfing in Falmouth Kentucky!

Plenty of primitive camping! Few on the lake. Showers swimming pool. general store inside the park.

Breathtaking scenery

The boating area is nice and has your typical “outdoor “ facilities you would find at a rest area. The scenery of the water and trees are amazing. The campground is good for tent camping but iffy for others. I would definitely bring extra leveling blocks.

Better than expected

Happily surprised at the quality of the facilities and the things that were available to do! Great experience

Lake-side Camping

Private campsites, nice big lake for swimming, fishing and boating, pets allowed. Perfect for all seasons! Horseback riding available as well!

Iffy

We went to tour the campground with intentions of pulling our camper (for reference 36' trailer) up there to stay while my husband worked on a contract in a neighboring town. I had read every review that I could find so I kind of knew what to expect. There were very few sites that I could even fit on and even then I would have had to disconnect from the truck and pull in beside the camper. I wasn't sure if I could get the awning and slides out on some of the sites by the way they are set up. Most sites are shaded and a nice little playground for kids. I have an outside kitchen in the back of my camper and it would be hanging out over a hill on most sites. The state could spend a few dollars on this campground and build up the campsites to make them more usable. The campers that were there had to use a ton of blocks to level up so be prepared. Tent sites are all on a sloping hill, so it might get interesting when it rains, still close to the lake with a great view. Pretty enough, but I won't be camping there. It looked like too much work to set up for a few days. Didn't use the restrooms, therefore no judgement. Sorry, I sound like it's not good enough for me, but I just wasn't impressed. Another point is that you can't swim in the lake, why?

Enjoyed our stay

Park was nice, clean and has friendly staff. We liked that we could walk to the bathrooms and not have to drive there. We stayed at site 100 and really enjoyed the shade trees. Showers are small but they work and there are only 3 stalls of toilets and 3 showers ( I believe) in the women’s side- unsure of men’s. Plenty to do, including a playground, pool, miniature golf, bike riding, horse back riding, hiking, etc. All sites have a picnic table and a grate over the fire pit. Water wells are easily accessible and they have washers and dryers as well. Check-in location was a bit confusing but eventually figured it out.

Pleasant Stay

While you may think on the drive from the Interstate that you made the reservations at the wrong place, you will be pleasantly surprised when you get there. Very nice park with nice facilities.

Loved it

We loved our time here! We had to switch sites because our original site was on a hill and there wasn’t enough room for our tent! They were very helpful and switched us! Our kids loved the playground, my husband loved to fish, I loved laying in my hammock and we all loved the beach! It was clean! The bathrooms were nice and the shower house was nice as well! We hope to go again!

Excellent state park in southern Ohio

We camped here in late spring. It was still pretty cold and even got a little snow one night. We were pretty much alone in the campground. The sites were huge! No water in our site but we did have electric. The rolling hills in this part of Ohio are beautiful. There is a huge lake that you can access from the camp ground. It was still really cold when we went but my understanding is that the fishing here is excellent. The restrooms looked brand new. There was a lot of downed trees, mostly ash trees. So this made for easy gathering for firewood. The campground staff was really nice and welcoming. This is a huge state park with a variety of accommodations. Overall excellent place.

Great beach but little rocky, hence the name I guess

Overall we enjoyed our camping experience at this state park!

Huge, Hiking, wildlife

The one factor that really decreased rating for me is that the beach that's within the campground is closed down. So end up driving 25-30 minutes to the other side of the lake that does have a great beach area. My husband complained that there was only 2 bathroom stalls in the campground loop we were at. However the bathrooms were nice with hot water. Overall nice peaceful place with friendly staff and campers. Just need to improve beach on campground. We seen so many deer while we were camping so that was awesome too!

Cabin camping fun

My daughter and I stayed here last year in late September. We rented a cabin (#4) for a weekend. While not luxurious, the cabin was clean, beds comfortable, AC worked great, functional kitchen and bigger bathroom than I expected. The lake is smaller, but nice beach area and pedal boats are fun. We hiked the Greenbriar and CCC Trails. They are not too challenging but beautiful. Parts of the CCC trail were overgrown with briars and narrow. The campground looks nice, we plan on bringing our camper next time. Not much nearby, but Waverly has some good eats. Seems popular with horse riders.

Great place to camp with small children. Lots of things for them to do

Camp sites were clean. Shower houses and bathrooms kept very clean and nice. Great place to camp with children. Tons of things for them to do. Beach was clean and lake nice to swim and play in. Fishing was good.

Auxier Ridge

Thia campsite is amazing. Perfect for stargazers. Nobody is there during the weekday. But the weekend is usually packed.

LOVE LONGS

Longs Retreat has always been my favorite place! I was raised there with my grandparents camping so often. So many great memories with the place. We will continue to visit longs for many years to come!

Lots of history

There is tons of history and a quick drive to Paris will get you more, that was why we chose to camp here. Disappointed in the camping part- pads is very small for RV, the connections are far away, the pool & shop closed at 6pm (it’s summer and they close at 6!) no room for vehicles and the trees were so close we couldn’t op our awning up all the way. Neighbors really close too!

Never saw the host in the 3 days we stayed but the shower house was clean and well kept.

primitive camping

my friend and I went to one of the primitive camping sites (#2). The “campsite” was a few wooden shelters. a fIre ring, a creepy vibe and two toilet seats In an enclosed (with out doors) shelter. We decided to keep on hiking and we found a spot by the lake that was previously camped at. The trails are great with little to no traffic. Definitely, with out a doubt bring bug spray. Besides the spiders and mosquitos we were dealing with ticks left and right!

Daniel Boone #3