Aberdeen, OHIO
Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
Night Vision

I decided to drive by on a roadtrip to see if I could spend the night before continuing on in the morning. The dates were not populating on the reservation website and no one answered the phone, so I just drove in around 10. There were plenty of people still out and about and the bath house was lit up. I drove around one time trying to scope out an empty tent site where I wouldn't disturb anyone. I looked at both tenting areas and either would have been pleasant. The campground was pretty full with only a few spots left. There was a large church group. Nice flat ground with lush grass. I chose a spot at the end of the lot past the RV Loop and I could see a ton of stars and let the sounds of the night lull me to sleep. Very quiet and it was still that way when I packed up before 6 the next morning. The office didn't open until 9 , so I left some cash in the door. I didn't explore anything other than the bath house and the general layout. Seemed to be very well maintained, clean, quiet, and certainly convenient just minutes off the interstate. I wasn't sure I was going the right way at first as you go through a patch of rough neighborhood before arriving at the property.

Sunset ☀️💓🐥

Beautiful sunset over the water with some new friends ☀️🐥

Love Longs!!!

Love no cell reception! Quiet clean and staff (owner) is always pleasant and helpful!

Beautiful!

Grew up going here and still to this day it is my absolute favorite place to camp. You can tent camp which is what we did growing up or you places for campers. Most of all of the sites are shaded. Close walk to the lake with quite a few walking trails. Nice bathhouse’s.

Best small campground

My absolute favorite campground. It’s small, clean, level pads and just plain fun. They typically have nice activities for the entire family along with the pool and museum.

Nice wooded camp grounds semi close to the water

Full disclosure 1st time here and last minute (night before) booking. The whole campground is nice depending on how you're camping. Some site are better than others in general, but some are better fitted for campers and other for tents. I'm not talking about electric/water hookup vs primitive, just layout. We booked Thursday night on a last minute cancellation for Friday-Sunday. A site with electric in the H loop. It was clean and the sites are nicely spaced so you're not right on top of another. Problem is it was all booked up online so we expected a busy campground and over 1/2 the sites booked were empty all weekend. Not that that was a bad thing. It just that better site were available. I think this is a problem with the online booking system that can be fixed. They have a mix of sites and small cabins. We will probably book one of those on a return trip. Despite what the maps show there are no sites that are "waterfront". The sites next to the water have steep drop offs so no back door fishing. It's easy to get to the water just not right at the sites. The swimming beach was a disappointment. The water was nice but the beach itself left a ton to be desired. It's lined with gravel that's not real bare foot friendly. In the heat of the summer when we were there the gravel was extremely hot and hard to walk on. Once I. The water was fine, but if you plan to lay out and tan bring something padded to lay on. Also. The goose poop.. Man was there a ton of goose poop on the beach. I mean all over the place. There is another sand beach that's a boat up to beach by the boat dock that's also accessible by shore but depending on the water level may not be that great. It was sand not gravel and didn't have much "beach. More like field next to water. It was much better. Still goose poop but not as much. The lake water was close to clear and clean. The staff was nice. There are a moderate amount of shower house bathrooms but some site may have a decent walk. There is one store in the campground by the beach but didn't have much in it. Boat traffic for the time didn't seem bad. Overall it was a good trip, and we will probably be back.

Great weekend

Great place to come. The beach area was nice. Camp sites were clean and well kept. Bathrooms were clean it hot .. will be back ❤️

Hilly, beautiful and secluded

My family stayed here because we were visiting the Ark Encounter.  I’m not sure if there are closer campgrounds, but we chose to primitive camp here for our visit.  We arrived with just enough time to set up up our tent and head back towards Alexandria for dinner and supplies at Walmart.  There is not much variety and choices very close.  The RV and tent area is very hilly.  Our tent ground sloped but it didn’t bother us very much.  The campsites are very close to each other but there was only two other tent campers and they were both over 4 sites over from us. The tent area has portable toilets.  I chose to drive to the shower house when I needed to use the restroom.  The shower house is typical of most campgrounds, a few cobwebs but generally clean with shower and toilet stalls.  There are two shower houses for the entire campground.  The lake is very pretty, a few camp grounds are right off the shore.  The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no water spigot in the main tent camp area.

Love it!

I’ve been camping at stonelick for all of my life, it’s been a tradition to camp there with my family for 25 years. it’s very kid friendly, dog friendly, and there’s always friendly people around. the hiking trails are beautiful, and kayaking on the lake is also very pretty.

Close to home

Not a big fan of the park. Good 🐟

Good family fun

Plenty of things to do.

Great Lake

Easy access to boat ramp. Campsites are small. Wish the hiking trails by the campground had more of a lake view.

Great family fun!

We love it here! Staff is very friendly and lots to keep the kids entertained.

Quiet Private lake not far from Lexington

Got there late and was greeted by the hosts, they led us back on a 4-wheeler, so we know what to expect on the the dirt lane back to the sites. They're first come, first serve, but all the sites have their own advantages. Some are a little slanted, but not so bad its disruptive for sleep. The stars can get pretty bright at night, despite the pollution from neighboring cities, so it makes for some nice stargazing. Apparently firewood is included, and if you let the hosts know, they're very attentive and will come right out to make sure you've got firewood, or even paddles for the boats that are available to use free of charge. There's a shed that is normally stocked with fishing gear, firewood, life vests, trolling motors and other goodies. (Though it was a little sparse on our visit) I wouldn't say it's entirely RV friendly, but maybe 1-2 sites could handle one. If I recall correctly, pets are allowed, but they must be leashed at all times since there's farmland nearby. Overall we loved our visit, and can't wait to go back since m'lady broke her ankle night one, and hence we spent most of our day in Lexington.  Getting into a boat can be a chore with a broken ankle, but once you manage it, its rewarding. HLF is a great place to go if you just want (some) privacy and to relax a bit.

Awesomeness

We LOVE this campground. It is always so clean and the staff is amazing and accommodating. We will definitely be back soon!!!

East Fork State Park

Beautiful campground. We stayed at Site 83 in loop C . It is a phenomenal electric site. Huge campsite with lots of privacy and plenty of space to put your tent up , probably 100 feet between the car and the picnic table . Sites around us we barely visible from our campsite. The only problem was it rained the whole week we were there and our site and tent got flooded . On Monday night we had severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings so we hunkered down in our car until severe part of the storm passed . Our tent had standing water and our blankets were soaked so we had to wash our clothes at the laundromat up the road . We brought all our fishing gear but all the docks were closed all week do to flash flooding. Jungle Jim’s is a nice store that has everything you could ever imagine, you can drink beer while shopping, and they have all kinds of international foods. Wednesday we went to a Cincinnati Reds game , which they won! Then the flash flooding and storms came back and our tent flooded again. Thursday we played putt putt golf , although the course could use a little repair. And we were actually able to have a nice fire and enjoy the rest of our trip. Bathrooms were nice , had hot water in the showers , flush toilets . Camp store had some camping necessities and souvenirs. Had a trail near the store that we didn’t get to explore because it was under water . Couldn’t get down to the beach or docks due to flooding. Overall a beautiful and huge campground with lots of good sites. We just had terrible weather. If it wouldn’t have rained so much we could have been a lot more .

Beautiful Appalachian scenery

Nice campground in a beautiful area. Restrooms and shower houses were very clean. Beaches could use some improvement, the smaller beach had goose poop all over. The larger beach at turkey creek was a little better with sand but not one of the nicer beaches I’ve visited. Very quiet campground was very peaceful and relaxing!!!

Love this place

Great campground… excellent fishing

Great Campsite with one exception

Great campsite on the Ohio River. Tent sites are grassy with lots of shade. water and electricity at site for $20.00. We upgraded to a vacant RV site with River Frontage for $35.00, since We were able to sleep In our SUV. Showers and toilets are clean. Staff is so accommodating! The exception? Trains blowing their whistle every 20-30 minutes all night long. The crossing is right by the campground. If you can sleep through it, great. I couldn’t.

Great RV site by the lake

Awesome RV spot. Lots of the sites don’t have power.

Great place

Very nice and quite campground with an awesome lake to kayak

Quiet little spot

Loved this place so much we stayed a few nights on our trek cross country. We stayed in spot 17 which had its own access to a smaller creek. You can take a short walk up the small creek to get to Clear creek. Spots deep enough for swimming. Our dogs loved this place. Would recommend if you’re looking for a cheap night with few amenities 😊

Great spot

Busy but nicely kept and spots are not right on top of each other. Great access to cave run lake in various places.

Not always accessible

June 2019 was not able to access the campsite due to a gate blocking the road.

Can not recommend

The staff tried to be helpful but the facilities were lacking in many areas. 1) the website promoted horses for riding but none. 2) The website promoted a nice pool but it was empty. 3) the fire wood you pay for was still wet and would not burn. 4) the hiking trails they promoted were basically overgrown. It was ok for sleeping but otherwise nothing to do on the site. No camp store Only one bathroom for the whole site I would not recommend this campground.

Full moon kayak

Nice campground great people who operate it. I went on a full moon kayak trip with them it was an absolute blast we had so much fun.

Zilpo-Salt Lick

One of the best campgrounds in Ky. Plenty of room, quiet, lots to do!

Twin knobs