Bessemer City, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bessemer City Camping Reviews
History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

First time at a KOA

Stopped here for an overnight on our way south. We had a pull-thru full hookup site. It was relatively level but not perfect. Main bath house was under construction and not available. There is a bar, convenience store, and RV service center at the entrance which is convenient. We didn’t have time to look around the campground much but it served it’s purpose for us. Oh, there are no fire rings but it claims on their site that you can build one in the gravel. We didn’t see a single other site with a fire.

Very nice

We have been a few times and really like it. The staff are very friendly. The bath houses and park are always really clean.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

Escape to nature’s playground

LNSP is just a 45 minute drive from Charlotte and 1.5 hours from Asheville. The campsites are spacious, and surrounded by woods with plenty of shade to keep the summer heat in check. The Lakeshore Trail takes hikers around the lake with opportunities to swim along the way. If mountain biking is your thing, there’s plenty of miles of trails for all skill levels just 2 miles away from you campsite. Lake Norman is huge and has a boat launch for everything from motorboats to paddle boards. You can even rent canoes, kayaks, peddleboats and standup paddle boards for $7 per hour. RVers will have to rough it - there’s no hookups but a dump station is available. Reservations are made through the state park website.

River Creek Campground

Nice campground the owners are very friendly the river goes up and down alot so you may or may not get to go tubing…The water pressure is hit or miss also!!!

Dog gone good time

Looking for a place to relax with your four legged family, then this the place for you. Nice off leash areas for your furry friend to stretch their legs and release that energy. Because a tired puppy is a good puppy.

Great Family Campbround!

Our family had a great time! Lots of stuff for the kids to do! Bath house clean and laundry facility great! We will definitely be back!

Mostly Permanent Campers

I traveled here alone and did not feel very comfortable. The campground is very simple. It is almost full of people in campers.

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

A layed back quiet campground. Nice for relaxation.

Very large campground. Has  alot of hiking trails . Some has waterfalls , ponds . Easy to get to grocery store, has shopping, restaurants,  places for children to go… Nestled back in the woods campground…

Quiet and water all over

My camp site (#5) was about 50 yard's from the water. I found a place I could sneak right to the water and fish. Really enjoyed the peace and quiet here. Something to note is I did hear a few boats going up and down the river late at night. My only real complaint is I couldn't find a single electric plug anywhere. I tried the picnic area, the bath house, the swimming area.. Nothing. I was trying to top off my phones battery but had no luck.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Get away from the city

This is a cool little spot not far from Charlotte NC which doesn't seem as busy as other nearby campgrounds. Staff are friendly. There are cites right next to a lake which is perfect for paddling around in a canoe or kayak just watch out for stumps. Fishing wasn't great when I was there, but it might be better in cooler weather.

Nice spot to camp

This place is close to some good hiking and not too far from towns. They have a playground which is cool and the staff is very friendly. Unfortunately, they do not allow hammocks any more since people were cutting off tree branches to make hanging hammocks easier.

Nice but crowded

There are multiple campgrounds here. I stayed in the drive up campground for people without horses. There is also equestrian camping and campsites one can hike to. My experience was the campsites were a little close to each other and, since it's a small loop, they fill up fast. I prefer more space and privacy when camping. My tent pad was a little uneven as well. There is a lot of good hiking in the park and horse back riding for those with horses. I'd like to try the back country camping at some point.

We love this park and campsites!

Fun beach within easy walk from campsite!

Water everywhere

A lot of the sites have water beside them. Bathrooms were clean. There is a store on property that has things you may have forgotten and a grill

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Clean, open spots, NO FRILLS

Very nice staff. We stayed a weekend. The RV spots were nice with easy access. The bathrooms and showers were AMAZINGLY clean! However, other than a playground there is nothing for kids to really do. The staff at the nature center were very polite and the trails were nice, but again not for tiny kids. If you were taking older kids it would be perfect.

Past it’s prime

The staff was friendly and helpful but this campground is past its prime. There are a lot of permanent sites that vary from pretty nice and well kept to well the opposite of nice and well kept.

The lake and pool area were nice as was the clubhouse.

We love this place

Good people run this place. Bath houses are very clean. We have tent camped and now taken our RV. Tent sites right on the river. You can tube down and get out right at your site. Three Falls waterfall is just up the road. You can get tubes at the office. Chickens and horses on site. Playground and lots of fun. Sites are wooded and quaint. Roads are a little narrow, but passable. One of our favorite sites.

Nice area, just not for us

The staff is wonderfully nice and helpful. We took our three boys (all under 5) for the weekend. There was not much at all for them to do other than play in the pool, which was a tad bit dirty. BUT there were storms that weekend so I don’t think that was their fault. There is a play ground and game room for older kids but nothing for the smaller children to do.

If it was just adults going, or even older children maybe 7 and up it would be a great location.

Hidden with no bathrooms

I'm so glad I fixed my hot water tank the week before going because I didn't read the fine print that they do not have any restrooms! Full hookup though!

Some of the best camping in the state!

The facilities here are some of the best. The bathhouse was immaculate and the campsite large enough for two tents to share comfortably. Would definitely recommend.

Maiden voyage

This campground was recommended to us for our maiden camping trip with our new RV. We were very pleasantly surprised. Camp site was large, they had two bathhouses, camp store and even a mini golf course. The lake was larger than expected with a beach area. Only negative was that they had the trash dumpsters scattered throughout the park and we had the misfortune of having one at the front of our site and someone had put fish guts in it, which made for a rank stench at our site. We made notes of which sites to avoid as most are good. Some sites even have sewer although ours did not. We were at site 34. All in all it was a great first trip in our new RV!

Simply beautiful

Lake James is one of North Carolina’s most desolate locations. Hike in, hide your food, and wait for the bear. Right on the water way, the picturesque scenery of the lake is beyond compare.