The best TENT SITES camping near
Perrysburg , NEW YORK

Most Recent Perrysburg Camping Reviews
Nice getaway!

Quite popular in the summer. The sites were pretty spread apart and I didn’t see any other camera from my site.

Gorgeous park, decent camping

This park is absolutely breathtaking and is one of my absolute favorite places on the east coast. The camping is all right; it's mixed tent and rv, but the cabins are great and they're a pretty good deal. Many feature heating and are available even in colder months. Camping isn't too expensive and the facilities are well-maintained.

Perfect getaway. A true oasis.

I love this place! Site 61, a walk-in site…complete sleeper along the water. Highly recommend!

Perfect Family Spot!

We spent 5 nights here and it was perfect. It's just myself and my toddler. There is a Walmart not too far away if you need supplies but they do sell both ice and firewood here in the campground. If they are out, ask and they will get more for you. The staff are really, really friendly.

Ice is$2 per 7 lb bag and the wood is$10 for a pretty big bundle. I have attached photos.

When I booked I was told that because of Covid-19 there would only be vault toilets and no showers, so I was beyond surprised to see that everything was up, running and smelling super clean. I struggled to find a place open during Covid-19 (May 2020) so again, super happy. My toddler is 3 and everything is very family friendly. There is a lower and upper loop. Make sure you check Recreation.gov to make sure the site you are booking has what you need. We were at the top loop,#39, very close to the bathrooms and entrance.

The campground doesn't have wi-fi but I was able to use my phone as a hotspot. I trade stocks for a living and the connection was good enough to do that:) I have Sprint. The spots are all spacious, I'm very surprised to see someone complain about that… and my spot in particular(again, 39) is more private than others with more trees separating me from other spots. The road is one way throughout the loops so there's no big traffic. Lots of kids riding bikes, adults walking and chatting. Tons of friendly dogs. The trail is also very pretty and makes a good loop.

Solid

Pros: good swimming, clean bathrooms, easy access off 90 (convenient) Cons: little to no separation between sites, easy access off 90 (busy)

Would have stayed longer

But I was there in early October for only one night on my way through. It was a busy place with lots of RVs, but my campsite was in a field bordered by wild flowers at the end of the campground with no one else around. Over the hill was a beautiful and unique golf course set in the woods. I was told I could walk my dogs there and I did. Also hiked a short Trail that led to a stream and over a little bridge. Very charming. Shower was OK - nothing to wtite home about - and there was water and an out house near my site. A really nice experience.

Terrible experience

We had reservations to stay here. We pulled up after a long drive to a “closed/keep out” sign. We were not informed in any way that they would be closed. There was a guy there who said there was a death in ownership. He told us to leave the area because they didn’t want anyone to think they were open. He was not a pleasant person. We just needed a few minutes to let our dogs out and figure out if we could get a site somewhere else. We called KOA customer service and were able to get our reservation deposit refunded.

Very nice campground

First time here but found the campground to be quite nice. Sites were decently sized and some backed up to very beautiful evergreen forest. There are several hiking trails that depart right from the campground. One of them takes you right to the state game lands (29 I think?). I’ll have to remember that for future hunting seasons.

AWESOME Campground and owners

By far the best campground we have ever stayed at.  Had an awesome time for both Halloween weekends.  Owners make you feel like family.  Can't wait for the spray pad to open in 2021

Great little layover

We arrived late and our site info was in the night drop so all good. It is right off the roadway so there is some road noise. However it is a heavily populated area and we just needed a layover place to base out of for our quick visit to Niagara falls. We left the RV at the KOA and drove 15-20min to the falls. We timed our visit well the park was pretty empty in mid-October but the weather was still nice. Would recommend this koa for visitors to Niagara.