Jefferson Valley-Yorktown , NEW YORK

Most Recent Jefferson Valley-Yorktown Camping Reviews
Great shelters, better trails!

This is a great place for camping. The shelters are great for people who want to camp and not have to worry about unplanned weather. The best part of this campsite are the endless trails in the area (see screenshot of AllTrails). I believe there are over 40 miles of trails in this area. Would definitely recommend for those who want to camp near NYC but not drive too far.

Close to NYC

Close enough to the city, far enough to enjoy the nature. Expect crowds.

Beautiful hikes nearby

Very peaceful and quiet with lots to do in the area.

Pretty rad even when full

So close to the city you just can’t beat it. We found a cancellation for one of the group camping spots—63—(at half capacity due to Covid precautions), which was pretty delightful, if not that private. Sites 43 and 45 seem to be some of the best locations and most private while still near the bath house. Plenty of firewood to forage if they run out at the (charming, storybook) reservation cabin. Walk across the road down to the “beach” and take a dip. We’ll be back on a less crowded weekend.

Nice place... nice people.

There must be new management because many upgrades have been made over the past year which include all new SWE (full hookups) street lighting, and campground markings/numbering. I've been coming here for years now and the people in the office are always pleasant and fellow campers are nice and respectful as well. Great place situated in a great area with lots to do all within an hour's drive. Even camping during a pandemic was peaceful & fun!

Perfect Quiet Getaway

We spent most of early spring at Oakland Valley right on the river. Even though covid really forced a shutdown on activities, this one was of my kids favorite places of the year. They loved to fish and play in the river, explore the woods and ride bikes around. Quiet, family friendly and close to home! We love OVC.

Dirty old Bathrooms- great hiking

The beach is closed after Labor Day to the public, but open to people staying at the campsite. Clean and beautiful. Great hikes. Bathrooms and dishwashing… UGH. So old and dirty!!!

Beautiful campground

As part of the Thousand Trails group, this campground has many amenities. It offers a pool, playground, and activities that include bocce ball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We loved our full hookup site minus the neighbors’ weekend ragers. (At least they turned off the music at quiet hours).

The creek that runs by the campground is gorgeous, and my kids had fun finding Crayfish.

The nearby towns are adorable and offer shopping, hiking, farms, and more.

Breathtakingly gorgeous camp site!

This is by far one of my favorite camp site I've been to. Simply beautiful sceneries every where you turn. My family and friends stayed at the Kimberly campsite 7 on Sept, 2020 and I have to say, we couldn't ask for a better spot. No mosquitos or bugs. We had a fire pit 🔥, bbq grill and 2 benches that fit 3 tents. Clean porta potties and beautiful little creeks and waterways. There is no phone or internet reservations and has to be made in person at the office. I would recommend call earlier and come in few minutes earlier to 9 am when the office opens to find the best spots. Plenty of parking and hiking trails! Not alot of loud notices or wild animal issues that we experienced. It was beautiful! Only thing is, stores are not near by and had to drive into Bedford to grab food items and camping necessities! I would highly recommend this for anyone!

Great place to stay!

beautiful sites for all types of campers