About Cimarron Canyon State Park
Cimarron Canyon State Park is located in New Mexico
5 Reviews of Cimarron Canyon State Park
One of my favorite spots

Great fishing opportunities, and wonderful hiking all around. Close by to two towns where you can pick up provisions. Campgrounds are great for tent camping, with many right by the river. Even though some sites are close to the road, the traffic is light so we didn’t notice.

Pretty nice campground!

Cimarron Canyon State Park has numerous campgrounds along the way through the park. They all look fairly well maintained all either had vault toilets or restrooms (none had showers that I know of). We stayed at the Maverick campground which had a pond and the river was close by. Lots of good fishing spots!

Pretty nice campground!

Very well maintained campground.

We camped next to the retention ponds. There was plenty of peace and quiet. We were the only campers in the campground due to it being November. There was plenty of fire wood to gather. I don’t trout fish but there was tons of fish in the stream. Great hiking best of all it was relaxing. The ranger would come through every morning and make sure we were ok. They were some great people and very informative.

Amazing!

I grew up going to this campsite almost every summer, so this review may be a little biased. The campsites are great, specially for tent camping. There are some big spots for RVs but those get pulled quickly. The campsites are a little close together, but I have never had any problems. The facilities are nice enough as well.

This campsite sits on the edge of a road next to two little ponds that are great for trout fishing. The river runs next to the ponds and you can find a few fish there too. I like to walk up and down the river to find some good spots that are a little quieter. The ponds fill up with quite a few people now.

You will need to bring everything you need. There are not any stores really close by, you will have to go to Cimarron ot Eagle Nest to stock on supplies if you are missing anything and they can be 30 minutes away. There are also no big box stores in these towns so things close down early.