Collings Lakes , NEW JERSEY

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Collings Lakes Camping Reviews
Newbies

This is our first ever campsite with our new RV. It was a nice experience. Everybody was friendly. We had a large pull through lot with our 36 foot fifth wheel. Friends had a tiny lot with their shorter camper. They had no privacy. The sites were wooded and there were so many leaves all you could hear was leaf blowers throughout the day. Campers were blowing piles and piles of leaves along the road. Not sure what the policy is but I feel that the facility should clean up the leaves. It’s a good spot for kids.

Rustic

Great for groups

Close to the main roads but feels remote.

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Great resort

Everything was great about our experience here. From the staff to the amenities.

This place is amazing! Horses and hills

I had the best time here hiking up and down the mini mountains. The water was clear and beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

Great time

Great time spent 2 days. Rode our bikes and went to local winery. Cleanest bathrooms

Enjoyable

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Baker's Acres.  The staff was friendly, our site was large, clean, and the most level site we have ever camped on!  We loved the nature trail.  We saw deer every time we walked on it.  My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool.  The playground was nice.  We enjoyed the scavenger hunt and Saturday night entertainment.   There were very few golf carts and all the cars drove cautiously.  We felt our daughter was safe to ride her bike.

Some people might complain about the condition of the roads.  We didn't mind them - it kept people from driving too fast.  The bathhouse at the pool could use an update but it was clean and the toilets flushed and the spigots worked!  The red bathhouse was nice with separate shower/toilet rooms.  Our campsite was a good 7 minute walk from the nearest bathroom which was a bit far so a small bathhouse near the nature trail would have been appreciated.

The trip into LBI was an easy one.  We borrowed beach tags from the camp store for a fee and headed to the Brant Beach section of LBI.

We usually do all of our own cooking at our camper but we did decide to treat ourselves to a meal at Calloways (about 5 minutes away).  They have outdoor dining and mini golf.  In non-Covid times they have some amusement rides.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.