The best DRIVE IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent North Dorchester Camping Reviews
One of the best campgrounds to stay at in the winter in NH

Snow ploughing happens regularly and reliably. Indoor pool and hot tub are amazing on a snowy frigid winter day. Utility sink for dishes available in heated bathhouse. Squeaky clean - and that’s not always easy especially in the winter when everyone drags snow, slush and mud into the bathroom. Thank you for sticking to such high standards. Will come again.

Beautiful spot but close to the road

This is really a gem of a spot! There are two loops in the campground, both with similar sites. Some sites are closer together than others but if you’re lucky, you can get a site a little more secluded. As others have mentioned, the biggest drawback to this campground is its close proximity to a busy road. Again, there are some sites situated a little further back from the road that are quite nice though popular and hard to secure in the busy summer season.

Sites are nicely shaded by large pine trees and sites drain well in the rain. Picnic tables are large and the fire pits were clean. There are a few restrooms available with multiple stalls. There are coin operated showers located in one loop and there are only 2 of them for the entire campground. Even during the busy summer season, we were able to shower when we wanted without having to wait. The restrooms and showers were very clean. That being said(and the Forest Service website indicated this), there wasn’t any soap or paper towels available in the restrooms. The public was encouraged to bring their own soap due to the pandemic.

This campground is located in close proximity to many recreation opportunities. From day hiking to tubing the Pemi river, this campground is a perfect base camp spot for a few days of fun in the White Mountains.

NOT RECOMMENDED IN WINTER

This review is about my winter experience. I visited for one night in the fall and my experience was a lot better. I DO NOT recommend this campground in the winter. I feel that the owners/managers are very neglectful. They do a bad job plowing (my rig bottomed out twice on snow banks) and I fishtailed on the access road. They don’t salt or sand anywhere on the premises. The walkway to the bathroom (see photo) are not cleared of snow. I was very worried to slip and fall. I’m extremely surprised that they haven’t been sued yet for injury. Well, maybe they have. I don’t know. Tammie at the reception is very nice, but no one seems to take responsibility for the state of the campground in the summer. The trash was piling up outside the dumpster (see picture). Sadly, I didn’t take a picture of the filthy bathrooms. Look, I knew that it was a modest campground. The cost for a winter seasonal site reflected that. But modest and dirty are two different things. I will NOT return. Actually moved to a different campground in the area even though I had paid in full til the end of the season. What finally triggered my move was when a can got stuck on the ice and almost ran into the car that was parked next to my rig. I could not risk my camper being ruined by some irresponsible people (the two dudes who used ridiculous methods to try and get the van unstuck as well as the owners who didn’t make sure the access road wouldn’t become an ice rink.) each time I entered the access road I was anxious and worried that I would make it to my campsite without getting stuck. Ugh! That’s not enjoyable.

Great location for camping in NH

We stayed for a winter weekend, they have a few transient sites that can accommodate RV's year round. There are a ton of full time seasonal RV's as many people use this campground as a base for snow machining. Cons: Lots of rules: must provide a$10.00 refundable cash deposit for gate card, bring cash or else enjoy the atm fees, the age limit for hot tub is 14 YO and strictly enforced, Lots of entrenched seasonal single wides that give this facility a mobile home park feel. The hot water in the showers either never happened or took 5 min or more to actually get hot enough to shower, The small green benches in the shower stalls hadn't been moved and cleaned under in a while, lots of nastiness down there. My brother in law came to pick up clothes for his kids from us and we had to pay $8.00 for him to be in the camp for 45 min, it sucks to be nickel and dimed. Pros: Friendly and attentive staff, location, 4 season, heated indoor pool and hot tub, Book at Meredith Woods, also use Clearwater Campground across the way, 4 way hook ups, fair cost per night (in winter, not sure about peak costs) camp store prices were fair. I would consider trying this campground in the warmer months, apparently they fill up and with two campgrounds in one, that makes sense.

D Acres Farm Campground in the NH White Mts. Great Hiking, Biking, Skiing

If you are looking to stay at our organic farm, The Hostel at D Acres offers a range of sleeping accommodations. Site options include private indoor bedrooms, car camping spots, outdoor tent platforms accessible by car and foot, and indoor sleeping bag spaces.

Great campground and park!

We stayed on Labor Day weekend, so it was probably louder and more crowded than usual. But even still for a completely full campground it was nice! The sites are pretty spacious and there were enough suitable trees to hang two hammocks. Bathrooms were nice and clean. We rented both a canoe and kayaks and it was such a nice experience. The views from the lake are incredible. The beach area is very nice and has lots of tables and grills. We were able to hear the loons calling on the lake at night too. We’ll definitely be back, both for camping and day trips.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

Family camping

Absolutely beautiful place to camp!

Awesome winter camping

Stayed here for two nights in late December. Site #40 along the river was close to the bathroom yet had plenty of privacy from other sites. The campgrounds were well cared for and the staff was friendly. There are some nice looking tent only sites we plan to experience come springtime. Water would have earned it five stars.

Our favorite Park in the whole Vt. State Park system

Quiet little park on Ricker Pond. I have been camping at this park for 50 years. 3 generations of our family get together when we can. The pond is great for swimming, kayaking, fishing and exploring. Plenty of things to do in the Groton State Forest as well. Plenty of prime lean-to and tent sites on the wate. Site #8 is our favorite but it is very popular