Sidney, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Sidney Camping Reviews
New Campground at Sidney Ne

Tired of driving-take a break here. We stumbled across this campground when returning from Colorado and needing a place to stay over. It is self register at night and the sites are level, on gravel, and clean. There is a picnic table and a fire grill at each site. There are about 30 Rv sites and some tent sites. It will be a few years until the trees grow large enough to give shade.

Huge sites, nice lake

Not far off the road in Kimball, NE is a lake with nice large flat spaces. Huge old trees provide shade and we have excellent cell on both our Verizon and at&t networks. Good fishing and a sand swimming beach

It is dry camping with vault toilets and a dump. Actually free, but with a suggested donation. 14 day limit.

City camping?

We had some difficulty locating this park and eventually asked a local where it was (Google maps will not direct you to the right place; the “campground” is located on East 11th Street and First Avenue). It is located uphill from the downtown area so don’t confuse it with another city park closer to downtown. Now, to review the campground. Western Nebraska campgrounds are unlike other places we are used to – perhaps it is because of summer heat (and biting flies) but most seem to be geared toward RVs. This one has three "sites", although they are not separated in any way save for the electrical and water hook-ups. Just room for three rigs on a gravel area. No tents for sure. Across the street from these “sites” is a nice lawn area with lots of trees and a covered picnic pavilion, which could make your stay more pleasant, as long as a group isn’t using it. There was a persistent barking dog nearby while I was checking it out. About the only redeeming thing I can think of for this place is the price: free for the first two nights but you would need to pay$10 per night after (I guess to discourage people from living there). Close to Chimney Rock and about 25 miles from Scotts Bluff but otherwise not much in the area.

Convenience off of highway

This is a very convenient place to stop while road tripping east west across Colorado off of the I-76 Highway. Looks a lot like most of the campsites are for RVs and most of those places are occupied during the summer. There wasn't much available in terms of tent sites, nor does this place really cater to the tent camper. Tent sites I did see were not very level were very small. They did have a picnic table and maybe a barbecue pit but they were pretty unkempt and no fire pits at sites I saw. It is pretty great that they have a pool and hot tub on site, but it has not been maintained and was closed for what looks like a while because I saw a lit of debris build up in the hot tub. Their bathrooms are open and available, and are an upgrade from a porta potty, but they are nothing special. There is a dump station with non-potable water available and also sites that were full electric hookups. Even though I tend to sleep in my roof top camper, I usually can book tent sites with that arrangement. This place was very cheap and allowed me to do so, but next time I need to road trip I'll look for a site with a few more working and available accommodations like a fire pit.

Nice and Quiet

stayed overnight on a Tuesday while traveling to MN. sites are great! They have sheltered picnic tables and nice fire pit. Electric only, but water available to fill your holding tank and a dump station. Not many others were camped here, and most seemed to be just staying the night. Lots of birds in this area for anyone who loves bird watching. And, I captured a pic of 2 bucks making their way through the tall grass as I was heading out! I'll stay here again!!

Clean water, spots next to water.. serenity

Very nice, yet smaller body of water. Sandy lake great for jet skis.

Great spot for when the west side of the state is in Fire Ban!

we stayed for two nights and really had a great time. soft ground made it an easy set up for camp. Nice and quiet during the evening and a great spot for paddleboarding too!

Quiet, Fun and close to home

It’s a wildlife refuge so it’s a little different to stay than say North Sterling Reservoir. For now anyways…

This is the perfect place to go to stay close to our home and not a long road home. You are able to schedule time with friends and head down and save your camping spot a day or two in advance.

Pets and fires are allowed. Just keep them on a chain and put them out!

They recently restricted up by the water camping which is awesome for parties that have lots of kids! They aren’t running into traffic unknowingly!

There is practically no beach but if you know that going into it, it’s fine!! You pick your passions!!

Great find in the middle of nowhere

This campground has a lot of great spots with a view of the lake. However if you have a boat and camper get a pull thru spot. Btw a ranger found a bull snake. That was huge. Non poisonous. But surprise. Ha ha

Sterling State Park - Northeastern Colorado

We were here in mid April and there was one other RV there. The campground allows views in all directions, that seem to go on for a hundred miles. Located in northeast Colorado, it is a nice “stop-off” for the road-weary traveller. Water, showers, flush toilets and power hook-ups are provided.