Camping in Mapps

95 Reviews of 20 Mapps, Nebraska Campgrounds

Michael P.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Great, but no toilets

For tent campers South Park is a great little spot. Shelter and power.

Water outlets were locked save 1.

No toilets or Porta Potties.

If RVing, you'll need to go to the town hall to get the septic and water unlocked.

Kelly D.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Glorious Trees

Great one night spot. Easy access to the Interstate so there was noise but it still was a great site because of the breeze, shade and variety of trees. The bathroom was clean and close by. Easy to walkup and pay using the drop box. I would stay here again if we need a one night place.

P
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Camping by the lake

The camp sites are forked out like the cul-de-sac properties, each facing the road and having a large portion of the lake or greens to themselves on the back. It has plenty of greenery and is very well-maintained. It has a  very clean beach area, a boat and kayak landing area and many children…

• View from the middle Oak campground
  • View from the middle Oak campground
  • Memorial park
Site044, MIDDLE OAK
Becky D.
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Camping without the city life

This is is by far one of the this small town  girls favorite places to camp the outhouses are well kept there's plenty of seclusion beautiful views the only thing that keeps me from giving it a five-star rating is there's no running water

SiteAccess Rd 2
oregonlums
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Easy access from I-80

Spacious and well maintained campground. In March, the campground was still in WINTER season so only one bathroom location open and no showers open in winter, and limited water access points, but we had a electric hookup. Our campsite loop bordered vegetation, was spacious between campsites, and…

• Sandhill Cranes flying over campsite at dusk
  • Several lakes in state recreation area
  • Campsite 7, backs up to vegetation and trees
Month of VisitApril
A H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2021

Primative camping, great fishing

My dad fishes here often. I like it for kayaking and kayak fishing. It has a really nice launch area. It does get quite busy over the summer months.

Bailey
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2021

Love it! A home away from home!

Spent my childhood summers at Branched Oak and Pawnee. This was always the place that we had family camping trips, and we put a memorial bench in for a family friend here because he loved it so much. My dog gets excited when we we get close! Absolutely recommend!

Doug W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2021

Nice park, just passing through

We just spent one night traveling.  We had made a reservation but one was not needed as there were plenty of FF sites.  Good power and a nice lake to walk along.  Park was clean and well cared for.  Price was very reasonable.  Would stop again.

Jared J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Not Bad - Depending on How Busy It Is

Not a bad lake to camp at; offers decent fishing, decent kayaking, and a swim beach. You may run into lots of party-folk depending on when you come here.

Good cell service; on Sprint I can get 4G and Sprint sucks so you should be good in that regard. Can get some really pretty lakeside spots…

Jared J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Good Mix of Country / 'Not Too Far From Town' Site

I've camped here a few times, not a bad place depending on the season. Can get pretty busy, but not as busy as Bluestem down the road.

Month of VisitDecember
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy ... our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Avery R.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A special place

Found this campground The Dyrt. 10 or so RV sites and a large tent area. Tent area require walking in (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I opted to pay thenRV fee and set my tent up in the grass near my car. Nice spot.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Perfect family place

Upper big blue is fantastic at the upkeep of the lake. They are non invasive and polite. Only thing I would change is having showers. Daily fees $15 And you can stay up to 14 days. They have around 10 hookups for RVs and a large area for camping with separate bathrooms. They also have a pavilion…