Kennard , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Kennard Camping Reviews
Some of the Best Hiking in Southeast NE

I love Platte River State Park; there are accommodations for every type of camper - cabins, RV, privative - hell they even have teepees!

On top of the excellent camping offered, they have a wealth of amazing hiking / biking trails that traverse through some amazing scenery. Just like the camping, you can pick between the less intensive paved walkways or you can walk along the hilly bluffs that contour the Platte River.

A great place to crash for the night

Arrived out of Denver. We crashed here for the Night. Key was in the night drop. It was quiet and the amenities looked nice but we really were only here for about 6 hours. Would recommend as a great place to crash just off the interstate so easy access in/out.

2 trains in the night

As with all KOAS they’re always near a main road or freeway so there was noise from cars passing - but becomes white-noise so was okay. There were 2 trains in the night - but we were able to fall asleep again. Other than that - clean tent sites, restrooms with showers and nice staff, oh and a huge bump in the ground that was a bouncy trampoline that all kids were having a marvelous time on. We’d go again.

Please note: the entrance from the road needs extra lighting - please be extra careful when entering!

Surprise find in Iowa!

I stayed here on a long road trip across the country. Had no idea such a scenic place could be found in Iowa! I chose the closest walk-in spot, less than a mile in. It was great! Near a little creek if you need water, and really nicely secluded. Picnic table and fire ring included. Also, there’s a trail up a hill right near by that had great views of the area and a lovely sunset! I would definitely recommend. Just a head’s up: I saw some pics of people car camping here on this site. Not sure how that would work since it’s supposed to be walk-in only and pretty clearly roped off from access with a car.

Cottonwood Marina & RV park is home when in Nebraska

Love this place. Band on the weekends, playground, full level hookups on gravel, free wifi and on the river

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Mahoney review

My buddies and I rented cabin in the area. Lots of options when it comes to cabins tent areas and RV pads. There is enough here to keep you busy for a long time my favorite is the eagles nest you can see miles down the river. If you have a family I would strongly recommend a visit. Might be biased due to having a bunch of birthday parties here growing up but it’s one of my favorite places to take my son. Photos are taken from river looking at Mahoney.

Been going here since I was a kid

First off let me start by saying, I have been going here since I was very little. So I may just have soft spot for this place. But I have always had a fun time here. Whether I was riding a bike around the paved roads. Fishing in one of the sandpit lakes they have to offer, or the river. Walk around the nature trails, or lakes. Or swimming in the swimming area, or wading in the Platte River. I have alway felt at home at this park. It's always clean, and quiet in frequent visits we have had. They offer tent, and rv camping either off the lakes or river. They have a day use area for the river where you can go and visit in the day or picnic. They also have old remodeled Union Pacific caboose you can stay in.

what a charming name!

but it is right off the highway, with exit sprawl left and right. when i called the gal said $34 a night for an rv site. that’s high for a place this charmless and road-noisy. so i bought a yogurt smoothie across the street and kept driving.

Reserve!

The camp office personnel are a bit annoying and don’t seem to want to help you much. You probably could get more help by visiting the cashier at the small camp store. We had a reservation, but the site was terrible crowded. We asked the office if they could move to a more secluded spot and they were not accommodating at all. It’s a rip off if you have to cancel your reservation. You also have to pay for the state park fees which is absurd!