Standard (Tent/RV)
RVs and Trailers
Ozark Outdoors is located in Missouri
15 Reviews of Ozark Outdoors
Fun weekend

Great access to river. Stayed on the family side and had a great time. Staff super helpful and upbeat, everyone looked like they wanted to ACTUALLY be there. Would definitely go back.

Nice but pricey

Very pricey, as soon as we pulled into the campground we were bombarded by workers asking us if we went in and paid yet.

NOT family friendly with young children!

The first thing that bothered me the most was the constant giant burning pile of garbage in the campground! And ALL the dumpsters were overflowing with garbage. Our campsite was so narrow you could touch the other RV from under your awning. Our firepit was next to their sewer line. The campsite was so unlevel my 1 year old couldnt even stand outside the camper without falling. There was NO room to play at all outside the camper on the family side. The family beach was really nice but all the dogs kept trying to pee on all our stuff. That was annoying. No playground and the the roads are loose gravel so my 3 year old couldnt ride her bike. We ended up staying only 1 night when I booked 3. I would personally never go there again. Also they CHARGE for WIFI!

Great for small children

Spent the weekend there with my family. We stayed in the “family” section. Positives: quiet time starting at 11:00 pm, we didn’t hear cursing, loud music, or anything else that disturbs little ones once they go to sleep, close to the river, clean restroom and shower house, shaded camping spots, clean grounds. Negatives: Nothing to report.

More resort than campground

This place has about anything you would want with the possible exception of peace and quiet. Store, pool, ropes course, playground, and several options for floating, including a 1 1/2 mile tube loop you can do over and over all day. The place is huge, with tent and RV areas, cabins, and the shower houses even have rooms above them. The sites we stayed at were fairly small and in the sun, but there were plenty of larger sites and many are shaded. They also have buddy sites configured for camping with friends and awnings facing each other.

They put on a large fireworks show on Independence Day right on the gravel bar. There is a family side and a party side that are well separated.

Good time

Great place to visit. Kids love it and adult trips are a blast

Crowded and noisy

We stayed here with a large group of family members for a floating weekend. The sites were close together and there wasn’t much privacy. They have tent sites, and RV sites with 50 amp hookups, water, and sewer. Some sites have river access and some river views. There wasn’t much grass, and few trees for shade. There is a swimming pool, playground and store/gift shop. They have pay showers. Onondaga Cave State Park is right across the river. This is primarily a campground for people floating the Meramec River and other area streams. They provide canoe rental, and transport to the put-in points. On summer weekends it is crowded and noisy.

Fun and plenty of amenities

Great staff and gift shop. We once camped in the late fall with our pop up camper and it was very quiet and green. We saw deer and my husband talked back and forth with an owl in the woods. We chose an electric site towards the back to avoid most people. I was pregnant and they had already winterized the back bathroom/shower house but opened up a room for me to use so I didn’t have to shlep my belly all the way across the grounds. Tent sites are very close together and this campground is very crowded in the summer with parties and floaters. I would not call this a family float trip personally but I do see many people bring their kids. Gift shop has basically everything but you pay a convenience price. I enjoy this float route a lot and I hear they have a kids tube loop but I have not experienced that. Multiple bath houses, as clean as you expect a campground bath house to be. Bring your own soap for hand washing. In the summer they have a restaurant with campsite delivery and sometimes live music. Last I saw the playground was not huge but my kids still enjoyed it. Rock beach for wading and swimming. They have small cabins and a pool but we use our camper or tent and swim in the river. Nearby is Onondaga Cave which is a nice experience especially when it is blazing hot outside.

Love visiting in the fall

During the summer this is a float camp. It does have a family section and a party section… they are quite a ways away from each other so noise doesnt seem to be a problem. My family and I visit for the Halloween weekend. They have trick or treating and fun fall activities. The bathrooms are clean, bring your quarters if you want to take a shower:)

Floating party campground

This is more of a party campground for people who go floating.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift