The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Stover , MISSOURI

Most Recent Stover Camping Reviews
Cute, Small Quiet

We camped the last weekend in September picking a late reservation where kayaks were available for our first tent test run were our main goals, which the site met. Kayaking was wildly available, due to the small lake and difficult launch, we can see why, but still very enjoyable. Site was very sizable for our tent, as most are suitable for campers. Lots of even ground, with decent distance. Facilities could do with some updates, but there were a number of bathrooms on site, spaced so no site seemed far, including the vault toilet and a lot of people masking up while going into bathrooms as well, which was appreciated. Current host was super nice and helpful to first timers. The tiny market has a number of random items, including a collapsible fork which was the only thing we hadn't overpacked, and wasn't overpriced. Fire pits on our site were adjustable, making grilling food easier to control.

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

“Resort” it is not

Due to a family issue we needed to make the drive home (about 1,100 miles) in a few days. Hit the road and decided we’d had enough for the day. Called to confirm a site was available for one night. Drove down a dirt road to arrive to a fairly unlevel gravel pad. Sites are crowded with a shared water hookup. Wanted to pitch our trash in the morning, but no can, dumpster, bin, etc. was available. Just expected a lot more for $50/night!

Great Campground

Very clean and nice campground. Steps from the lake. Staff was friendly.

Simply amazing

This place is spectacular. Make sure you get a water spot right on the lakes edge. We lucked in and were close to the marina which was a short walk…had supplies , beer, firewood ..bathrooms and showers close. A must see park on an RV trip. Super friendly. Amazing

Great family campground

This is a great family campground!!! It’s not nearly as busy as the state park which is awesome!!

Definitely would come back

Very nice campground. Electric hook ups only, no water, no sewers (and we are good with that) Lots of shade. Most spots seem level. The handicapped spots are paved!!! Very quiet. The only drawback is the bathhouse. Needs a good scrub and a working exhaust fan.

Great Family Camping

Nice spacious spots, lake views, friendly campers. Great Hosts! Clean and well maintained. Our favorite spot for camping at Truman Lake. Close to boat launch. Great fishing, lake is accessible from many sites.

Good Campground Overall

Love the layout of the whole campground.
Pros:The setup between restrooms and water with the sites are appropriate for accessibility. Good room and nice level areas where we stayed in the 400 loop. Cons: Lots of rocks in the tent areas. Lot of vegetation around making some bugs prominent.

What a gem...even in the off season!

As a ranger for Dyrt I was really excited to come out to lake of the ozarks to get away from all the craziness in the world. The campground is massive and really the online version of it doesn’t do it much justice. I am here during the off season so things are a little cheaper. You have several different levels of sites to choose from. Some very close to the water and some away from water but a short walk from the water. The lake is a very popular lake and I’m sure from the start of the busy season it is packed. Right now…it is nothing but peaceful…seriously as I wrote this three deer walked wishing 20 feet of me.

I originally had chosen site 165 that is a primitive site on the water but since the lake is very low it is a lot of mud.

I moved to 87 which is right in the middle of the campground. Everything is very well maintained and you can tell where the crew has been clearing brush and fighting the rains. In the off season the showers are turned off but they do have a portable water source that is kept on.

Sites themselves are somewhat private…depending on where you book. Some sites are right on top of each other while others to can escape your neighbors a little.

All and all this campground was pretty dang amazing!

Product Review: As a Danger for Dyrt I get to demo and review products. This time around I got a slim folding kitchen from GCI. Super lightweight and product packaging was great. Cardboard box and the product…no plastic which is awesome to see. 1 piece of paper for instructions. Comes fully assembled right out of the box. It can easily be used for lots of ocassions; on a deck for a small grill, camping as a kitchen, tailgating for everything, or even just as an extra table. It is very lightweight and sturdy. Was very easy to transport it as it comes with a handle built in and is lightweight. Fold out for optimal use and has several different storage compartments. Also has the ability to hang tools off of it. I would highly recommend it as it will become one of my staples when traveling in the scamp bc it allowed me to cook outside.

The pros:

6. Environmentally friendly packaging
  7. Handle to carry it.

The cons:

1. No true places to hang bbq utensils
  2. Shelves are a little flimsy until they are locked in place which could bend if you aren’t careful
  3. If you break a part there is no way to replace it.

Hope you enjoy the review and most certainly come visit!