The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
New Florence , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent New Florence Camping Reviews
Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Secluded place

Great place to stay, doesn’t seem to have a lot of hiking trails. They do have nice secluded little spots mostly all electric. Bathhouse is pretty a long walk, but big and really clean. only 20.00 per night. It’s has an archery range and equestrian site.

Good site

I had a great time here. The roads were paved, signs were marked clearly. Good connection on the phone service as well. Only issue I had was the amount of bugs that were everywhere. When I stepped out it felt like I was walking through a thousand spider webs everywhere. The bathrooms aren’t that clean either. That being said though, bugs are to be expected of a campground. Other than that though it was quiet and it was a nice stop.

Roomy, clean, spacious, affordable.

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

Good for City Folk

For those who need to get out of town yet can't imagine not checking the latest tweet, Tik Tok, or Instagram post, this park is for you. Not 2 miles from Six Flags, and 5 minutes from the freeway, you'll find plenty of beauty, creature comfort amenities, and cell service.

We are looking at 3 primitive campsites(closed at the time of this review), 6 family tent sites, as well as plenty of RV spaces with electrical hookups.

The park is known for its well-groomed trails, which are used by hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians alike. Plenty of stables surround the area, where you may rent a horse and go for a stroll through the woods.

The primitive sites are large, with picnic tables and an outhouse, while the family tent ones are near restrooms, showers and a source of water.

The whole park is rather pretty with plenty to do and see.

Now, with that said, I was not a huge fan. This is not a place for a person who wants to get away from people. The Family tent sites are very close to the road, as in 10ft from it, so traffic to and from the stables are rather annoying. Being very close, the freeway noise is still present, and you'll find many motorcycles riding by you on their way through the winding roads of Wildwood. It's a nice sight but the noise sucks. The place has A LOT of deer which means that ticks are everywhere-which is not a big deal if you know what you're doing.

During the time I spent here 2 different homeless looking kids stopped by asking for food, money, to borrow my phone to make a call. One after the other had to be shooed out of my site. That was followed by a STL County Police Officer patrolling the location. That did not settle well, and the night was a bit odd. Keep in mind that I was here alone and during the middle of the week so, chances are, during the weekend you might not have the same experience.

Overall, this is well maintained park with plenty of activities and close to all the luxuries that a town can offer, lots of amenities nearby or on site.

You would enjoy it:

• If you want to be near civilization.
  • If you are a family with children.
  • If you want to enjoy Six Flags and then go camping.
  • If you would like mountain biking.
  • If you need facilities such as bathrooms and showers

You'd, maybe, not enjoy it so much:

• If you'd like to disconnect.
  • If you are looking for less noise
  • If you are looking for less cars/traffic
  • If you are looking to be alone with your thoughts.
All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

Serene, but beware of ticks!

This area has a lot to offer. We chose this campground bc it wasn’t as busy as others and there are some nice riding trails for bikes. We explored a lot of the woods and came out with a lot of ticks, both lonestar and deer. The ticks don’t take away from the place but you do need to be aware. The hosts were super friendly and when a problem arose they took care of it right away. Lots of families with kids riding bikes by the campground. Our site, 87, backs up to a cliff with water below after a short hike through the woods it opens to the lake.

Mark Twain and the town of Florida is right about 7 miles away so there is some educational stuff as well. As of now tho it is all shut down bc of covid restrictions. Monroe City is about 20 miles away if you need anything.

We would say site 79 was the best and anything in that little group was pretty awesome and secluded.

Lots of boating and fishing to be had! Enjoy!