The best YURTS camping near

14 Reviews1 Campground
Top Yurts Campground near Mexico Missouri

Most Recent Mexico Camping Reviews
Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

Perfect location!

Stayed in coyote campground. Super close to hiking trails and the shower house was clean. Mostly non RV people here which made it a bit quieter. Still close to all the action and not far from the historical stuff or the town of Florida. This campground looks a little more primitive but it does have cabins, primitive and full hookups. This would be my vote for when we come back here.

Lots to do here but mostly just able to get away from the craziness. Hosts were great! Chatted with them for a bit and they are super experienced and very helpful. Positive is they are located right at the front.

They are doing some work on some of the gravel pads so some sites are closed but it’s all for the better so no complaints.

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station at Mark Twain State Park

Campground Review:

Mark Twain state Park is an absolute blast. approximately 30 minutes from Hannibal MO this park sits on Mark Twain Lake. Several hiking trails in the area will get you in touch with nature and an abundance of deer. Large playgrounds in the camping area's as well as visitor center areas. All loops in this park have electric and basic sites. No water hookups aside from host sites. Best part is all shower houses fairly new. We never located any vault toilets but found all three loops had their own shower house.

Park has a boat ramp with ample parking and if you have better luck than I did a fish cleaning station. While having a boat ramp close may be a deterrent it was rare to have much boat noise with the tall trees surrounding these large private sites.

We stayed in site 76 in puma loop which was a sloping site but it was massive. The lots on either side of ours were similar in layout but much more level. 76 also has a path to the waterfront which we utilized daily.

It rained on us for most of our stay we found Mark twain state park to be well worth the trip.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the GCI Outdoors Master Cook Station.

While looking at GCIOutdoors.com for the right item for my family to try out we were amazed at the function of their site.  We were able to compare multiple items flawlessly and despite  much debate locate an item we believed may reduce our overall need to pack everything including the kitchen sink. The cook station didn't immediately jump off the page for my wife. She had her heart set on a new rocker chair of which GCI Outdoors has an amazing selection. However, I was able to win her over after pointing out the endless options the Master Cook Station (AKA My Kitchen) Offers.

My Kitchen provides functionality as a table, a cook top, a drying rack, food storage, and does so taking up the same amount of space as a folding chair. Our first night in camp the dreaded dinner bell began ringing and my loving wife walked over to our new kitchen. After cooking, plating, and eating from this beast she looked at me and said, "Never again will I doubt your decision making about anything." (or at least thats how I remember it.) She actual was really impressed how this cook station had taking the stress out of meal time. With a built in sink we were able to cook, eat, and clean from a singular location and when done we could either fold it up and tuck it away or use it for evening activities.

As a pop up camper space is always limited and at a premium. The GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station not only met our expectations it surpassed them. This swiss army table will be a must have among all of our friends and the high quality of this product tells me that we will get to show it off for quite some time.

Magical, private, peaceful!

There is something really magical about the campground we stayed at in Mark Twain! The designated spots feel secluded since they are bordered by forest. We got a spot right off the water and woke up to the sound of it in the morning. The hiking trails near by are also really beautiful and right along the river. Definitely recommend!

Clean and quiet

The sites are well spaced and clean. Our site was pretty unlevel and it took some work and levelers to get it straight. We rode around the campgrounds on our bikes and most of the other sites seemed level and more even. The bonus to our site was there are no sites directly adjacent so it is probably one of the quite spots. The restrooms and showers are very clean and well maintained. We met both hosts and they were friendly and accommodating. The closest store for provisions is about 15 miles away, but ice and firewood is available on site from both hosts. Overall, we are happy with the site and would stay here again.

Wow!

Plenty of space. Warm, clear, fresh water to swim in. Full of crystals and wildlife. We will be going back.

Peaceful

There are several campgrounds around the lake. I always stay in the Night Hawk campground at Indian Creek. There are a variety of hookup options for tent or camper/RV guests. There are shower houses with hot water, I have seen the crews regularly cleaning the bathroom/shower houses however be aware that there are still going to be bugs. Spalding beach is nice on hot summer days for swimming or just lying out in the sun. On Saturday nights there is a couple from the Corps of Engineers that do free activities for kids and families that we really enjoy. There is also a great restaurant, The Rustic Oak nearby that we visit every time we go to the lake. If you are looking for a peaceful weekend getaway this is the place!

Crowded

Always very packed but the lake is peaceful and great for boating ans fIshing and boat access Is nice. There is also a great, and decently easy, hiking trail located at the park that has great views of the lake.

Badger Loop

A group of us stayed on the Badger loop. Each has gravel pads with electric, picnic table, lantern pole and fire ring. Plenty of buffer between sites and quiet. Clean showers, park programs for kids and friendly camp host. We enjoyed driving over to Mark Twain’s birth place and shrine and antiquing in Perry.