Camping in Marlo

298 Reviews of 58 Marlo, Missouri Campgrounds

Elisha S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Peaceful

I went camping alone and there weren’t too many people here but I know if I screamed there would be people that heard me lol spectrum Mobile works out here and the lake is beautiful.

Morgan S.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

The perfect park

We absolutely love this park. It’s just under an hour from St. Louis, with river access, amazing hiking trails & great views. Very clean campsites with lots of shade for tent campers & nice level lots. There is even a swimming pool if the river isn’t your thing & a couple playgrounds…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

KOA’s Consistent Goodness

Yes, we all want the latest fancy schmancy. If there are no spots, go to KOA every time for a good campground. They use angles to give more privacy. They have patios and grills and old trees for shade.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Great KOA

This is our 4th stay at this park. It’s easy to access, spots are level, cell service and WiFi is decent.

SiteA20
Jamey W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Nice place but rules are a joke

We stopped for the night on our way to Georgia. Booking was easy and price was average. The property itself is beautiful. Spots are intermingled in the trees and it is spectacular in the morning. The pool is better then most hotels and the giant trampoline looked like it would be my daughters…

• pets left out alone and barking early in the morning
  • the highway is super close but it's still extremely beautiful
SiteA4
K
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Bring lots of leveling blocks and don’t expect to sleep well.

Typical Jellystone, lots for kids to do. Really small sites. Tent sites seem fairly flat. I’m in a site for small campers. The site is bowed front to back and not level side to side. You can hear highway traffic all night and the kids hit the playground, right outside my window, at 7:00.

K
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Nice camp sites

Campsites were well-kept, grassy and even leveled. There are clean showers and coin laundry available. (AT&T) Cell reception was good too! A few trails, Mooners Hollow is one I’d suggest. They have ice and firewood at the check in station and staff is super friendly.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Beautiful spacious camping

Beautiful woodland setting with large concrete pads and nice grave picnic spot with fire pit. There’s a couple nice lakes with big beaches great swimming for the kids and you can rent a canoe or a kayak to paddle around on the lake. If you have an off-road vehicle there’s many trails for you to…

• You can rent a kayak or canoe for the day
  • Designated swimming area great for kids
  • Swimming beach at Monsanto Lake
Amanda K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Loud for Tent Campers

These were very clean camping facilities. Nice bathrooms and showers. Plenty to keep kids busy: rock mining, small playground, bingo, movie nights and a few other activities fit for children under age 10. They have a nice pool as well. For tent camping, night time is tough for sleeping with a loud…

S
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

My experience at Draft Kings at Casino Queen RV park

I haves stayed at Casino Queen RV Park several times..It’s always very clean and I always feel very safe..it’s easy clean in and clean out…you have to have a code to get into the gate..pets are allowed..the only down side is the train..which runs all night..

Ben S.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

THE VIEW

GREAT location for camping, especially if you run out of items and need to get something close by. Very natural, and amazing views and the feel is spectacular.

SiteB4
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Crowded and a bit noisy

Lots of dogs tied up, but with owners nearby. Some still “bolt” at you when you walk by. Could be less littered. Our site had lots of litter when we pulled in. They do have a recycle bin, or I would have given a 3. Lots of permanent or semi-permanent tenants.

• crowded
Month of VisitDecember
NDea C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Pretty decent place

We stayed for a couple nights here and although we really enjoyed the actually camp ground the some of the sight near the broken old dam, the amenities and signs couldn’t been better. Views were pretty ok. Decent hiking trail close by, have to pay fees for some spaces.

R
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Secure parking lot with full hookups

You need a code to get in the gate, so you must register in advance. It was hot in late July and with no trees on the larger sites, it seemed hotter. But the full hookups worked great with no issues. There is train noise but we couldn’t hear it with the air conditioners running.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Good for ATV’s, also good for horses and people.

So, as one of Missouri’s atv parks, this can be a load one. But, you can camp at campground 2, and you’re dealing with a MUCH more classic camping scenario. The park is big enough you don’t hear the small engine vehicles over here.

The campground 2 sites are set up for horses, something I know…