Hollister , MISSOURI

Most Recent Hollister Camping Reviews
Not for Motorcycles

I've never been there but the reviews and the website look wonderful.  I only reviewed to say it's probably not a good place for motorcycles to get in and out.  The road in is dirt and gravel.   I'd still love to go try it car camping though.

The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

A quiet weekend

After camping each month through the summer, it was a pleasant change for the temperature to dip for our two nigh visit to Lake Leatherwood City Park. We had booked one of the site in what is known as Shady Grove, which is down on the edge of the lake. We kayak and it was a pleasant surprise to find only three powered boats on the lake throughout the weekend. You can rent canoes, paddle boards and paddle boats on an hourly rate if you haven’t brought your own. The campsite was built in the 1940s and still has that old feel to it. It’s basic but efficient and clean. The host is friendly and helpful. After camping in COE campgrounds and state parks, this is a nice quiet campground. There are numerous bike and hiking trails and a shuttle service for the downhill riders. This is definitely a campground we will visit again.

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Life saver

Had reservations at a different campsite and we couldn’t get to our spot so we desperately called local campgrounds where we were at after driving 8+ hours. Harrison KOA made arrangements and got us our full week booking. Very friendly staff helped us unhook our travel trailer. Campsite is extremely well taken care of. Comes with a nice fire ring and picnic table. They have a pavilion with bags and all other sorts of games. Available for free pavilion is fully lighted as well. We had full service hookup. And everything worked no problems. We are not from around the area but the staff was very nice in helping us with local attractions and trails. We brought out our kayaks and they gave us some wonderful ideas of where to go. Very thankful for the staff and what they have done for us. And what they will do for other people that want to come stay here