The best WALK IN camping near
Port Gibson , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Port Gibson Camping Reviews
Good Stopover!

Pretty campground with small pool. If you want a spot after office closes make sure you make a reservation and they will leave everything in their drop box for you. Has laundry, propane services and lots of mature trees for shade. Have garbage pickup services too. Friendly staff and takes Escapees discount which is 15% which is better than Good Sam. Historical attractions nearby as is a casino. Would definitely come back again.

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per night. 20 minutes from downtown Natchez. Great spot.

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Pros: Large clean bathhouse, large level campsites, on site laundry facilities, walking trails and a lake. Very cool cabins on the water and visitors center.

Cons:Water playground broken on hot August days. Very little shade in the campground.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Nice place to visit

Campground has large, level sites. Some are pull through and some you back in. Some have just electric and water hookups and some also have sewage. If you select a non sewage system like I did there is a dump station available in the campground. There’s a water playground which would have been amazing since it is so hot but it’s broken. I stayed here in site #49. I would definitely return. Easy walk to the lake especially from this campsite.

Not many trees

Nice state park. Almost all the sites are very level. Water and electric hookups. Nice walking trails. Bathhouse and laundry facilities. Cabins on the water are really cool! They’re on stilts on the lake, not lakeside on the lake itself! Also they have lodged available. I am probably going back to this place soon. You can hear a train in the distance but it’s not super loud. The park beach, picnic area, marina and camp store are not in the campground but about two miles down the highway. Also in the area but not in the campground area itself are a wildlife park and a golf course.

The views are beautiful

The lady at the gate was mildly rude. Or maybe the previous place was just that friendly. She seemed as though I was a bother to her, getting checked in. She may have been tired or had other things on her mind though. At the spot, I understand we are in nature, but I was very shocked at all of the poison oak at the sites. Otherwise, it is very quiet with friendly neighbors. I didn’t use the showers, but the bathhouse was clean and pretty. The spots were easy to back in to. I would return. I’d really like to walk around the town and get pictures of all the beautiful churches!

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

Visit 2

Well, we were here a few weeks ago and it seemed so much nicer! We are back because of a local softball tournament we were attending, and since it was nice th we first time.. This time we stayed in site 46. This is in Campground B. The pad is much shorter than expected. Our camper which is 27 feet hung over the back by several feet. Thankfully we had lots of leveling blocks! There is a picnic table and a hole with concrete that is supposed to be a firepit. The showers were open this time and were very clean. The site had quite a big drop off. It was quiet. Water and electricity. Only 22 dollars a night. Warning! Campground A is horrible!! The sites were very unkept and dirty. There was also a camper there that appeared to be a homesteader. It had lots of trash and "stuff" all around it. There is a beautiful lake, fishing, hiking, biking, and kayaking. This time we drove