About Port Crescent State Park
Port Crescent State Park is located in Michigan
8 Reviews of Port Crescent State Park
One of my favorite campgrounds growing up and still is to this day.

Been coming here for over 20 years and still love it.

Great family camp!

Great campground at the top of Michigan's thumb. Close to fishing, kayaking and a great beach.

Good camping

Very very busy campground. I don’t think there was an open site while we were there. Our site was right near the playground, and although we have no kids it was not bothersome AT ALL surprisingly. They have a few cabins to rent that have decent privacy. As well as bathrooms and showers —not the nicest but definitely bearable. Hiked to the water that was clean and easy to swim in and walk in with bare feet, too!

All the comforts of Lake Life

My family and I have been here many times. The proximity to the water can't be beat. Canoe and kayak rental locations are a short way away, as are the town and local focal points. Save room for dessert at The Farm, a fine dining experience just a mile away from the campground with world class food.

Never have been to Port Austin, wanted to check it out for myself. My boyfriend and I had our first date traveling there. I had heard there was an old ghost town around there, check it out. We put up a tent, talked under the stars it was absolutely gorgeous. Can not wait to come back and stay again for our anniversary! Camp ground is quiet, very large spots, from what I remember they have bathrooms! Very cheap!

Great staff and check in, busy campground!

Port Crescent is a clean and comfortable campground with great lake views even from sites not on the water. It's also an extremely busy campground so not a place to find silence and solitude, nevertheless with Michigan's state park booking system it's a great option!

When it rains it pours

It was forecasted to rain during our visit to Port Crescent and we decided to brave it and hope the forecast would be wrong. It wasn’t. It rained most of the day Saturday and Sunday. I know it’s not the park’s fault, but there was literally nothing nearby to do in the rain. I was looking forward to kayaking Turnip Rock, but I’m not doing that in a thunder storm. It was a pretty miserable weekend. The sites are large but lack privacy. The bathhouse got pretty gross with all the mud and could use an update. Overall, the weather really affected my opinion of this whole area. I will probably be back though, because I still want to kayak to Turnip Rock.

Great family campground

This has been an annual destination for my family. We would camp here 2 weeks every summer with all of our relatives and basically turn this little place into home. There are nice clean sites, facilities, and easy access to town (Pt. Austin) if you want to go explore. I highly recommend Grindstone's Ice Cream place in Grindstone City. During summer months, it books up 6 months in advance. So learn their online reservation system and be quick at it if you have a specific site in mind. The sites on the front row by the water are the best in my opinion. Amazing sunset views and quick access to the beach. When storms come it, make sure you have everything put away and your tent staked down reeeeeal good, cause I've definitely seen 60mph+ winds and tents end up in the trees.