About Harrisville State Park

Take campground searches offline with PRO.

Harrisville State Park is located in Michigan
9 Reviews of Harrisville State Park
Modern camping with a good view

If you are looking for decent modern campsite Harrisville offers that. There is a bike trail that goes into town. Friendly host that offer books. There is wood on site to purchase through a vending machine. Only takes exact amount. Sites are pretty close together which makes getting to know your neighbors from the get go. The bathroom was very nice. Extremely clean and well kept. Staff was there several times even this late in the season cleaning at 6:30 am. The view of the lake was lovely. I happened to have site 74 which has a great view of the lake. Though the traffic of bathroom goers is annoying. The bathroom offered such bright beam of light I never used any of my flashlights. Depends on how you feel about that. If you’re looking for nice weekend to sleep outside this is nice. If you’re looking to get away from it all and have peace and quite. This is not it. Even in September. Staff was super friendly. I originally booked 82 and it was extremely tiny for a tent site more suited for a RV. Be mindful when picking your site. Majority on the water side are tiny and are more suited for RV not a tent. I mean tiny!

Busy campground for families- not for those seeking solitude

We camped At Harrisville State Park for one night (4th of July) as we headed north to make our way around Lake Superior. The campground was packed as you would expect on the holiday. Our site was right on the shore of Lake Huron which was nice, and had a large fire pit. The bathrooms were immaculate. You purchased firewood from a vending machine. I would have enjoyed this campground a lot more, but it was really busy and loud. One of the noisiest places I have ever camped, although quiet hours were enforced luckily. I learned more about our neighbors issues with garlic making her fart excessively than I ever wanted to know. I’m a single mom that camps with her teenage son, so I don’t generally have an issue with kids, but it felt a little like Lord of the Flies- kids everywhere, especially on bikes tearing through the place in small packs. One kid got knocked off his bike by a person just trying to drive through the busy park road. He wasn’t hurt in any way but it did cause a brief verbal argument between the kid’s dad and the driver.
Taking into consideration that it was a holiday weekend, the crowds and noise were somewhat to be expected. I did really enjoy camping so close to the lake and walking along the beach. Very nice park if you aren’t seeking solitude.

Beautiful park

A lot to do nearby and it’s just so fun there. Biking into town and there’s a store with ice cream. Had a great time! Hit the Ausable river, and went to the damn store!

My favorite State campground!

Large lots, clean, family friend and the nicest bathrrom/showers anywhere!

Beautiful campground right on Lake Huron

This campground offers beautiful views of the lake with excellent beach access. There is also a portion of the beach where dogs are allowed.

Great Summer spot

nice sites, great beach, and good shower house

Great Campground!

Beautiful campground right on the shore of Lake Huron. Nice and clean bathrooms and showers

Changing my review!!!

We stayed here last year for Fourth of July weekend as well as this year, and we had a good time, but this year was not as enjoyable! First of all, site 129 and 130 are the two worst sites in the entire park. I do not recommend reserving either site. These sites are LOW and WET. It is fully covered in trees so no sunlight is able to shine through to dry it out. The site is MUDDY and tight. We will not be returning next year as during our walks we noticed many sites were low and wet. It did rain the day before we arrived, but most sites were low and I feel that the campground should take note of that and add some gravel or dirt to raise the site. The bathrooms were very nice as they were last year and the park was well maintained. If you enjoy peace and quiet, DO NOT CAMP HERE. This park is off the chain with kids, bikes, animals, and noise! The park rangers are on top of keeping the park quiet after 10pm, so there were no issues there. My brother arrived at almost midnight and we were trying to put up his tent in the dark and within in a few minutes a park ranger was on his bike telling us to be quiet. The park roads are paved, but most of them are so narrow that two cars have trouble passing each other, add five thousand kids and bikes and it is nerve wracking to drive through. The beach was nice, but for us rock pickers, with the water levels being so high (which is good) the rocks were covered with water. The Mayflies were not out this year so that was good! Last year they were covered all over all the buildings and campers! The dump station is good and wasn't very busy. Check in is quick and easy. I gave this three stars because the water is nice, the bathhouse is nice, and there are trails and paths that are good for bikes. I will not be returning to this campground again because of all the little kids on bikes and small sites that are low and wet. Do not get me wrong, I do not mind kids, but when they are zipping through the campground and not paying attention to cars coming, it gets stressful for me! Harrisville town is very close to the park and we rode our bikes for ice cream a few times during our week stay. THERE IS NOT INTERNET SERVICE!!! Do no plan to send or receive emails or check facebook because you are not going to have service. There are zero television channels here as well. Some people like to be off the grid, but not this girl!

Another great rock picking beach!

This is one of my favorite campgrounds in Michigan! This campground has a rocky beach, great for finding pudding stones and Petoskey Stones. There are several sites right on the beach, however this campground is extremely difficult to get into on the weekends. My family and I stay at this campground every year for Fourth of July weekend and we can sit on the beach and view the fireworks right from the campground! We take our bikes with us and ride up town. The town is very small, but worth visiting. If you get a chance, visit Northern Accents just before you get to town. This was a hidden find and I cannot wait to go back. They have everything you may want or need for home decor! Harrisville State Park is extremely busy and hard to get into, but well worth booking. There are plenty of things for the kids to do and they will have so much fun!