The best DRIVE IN camping near
Carland , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Carland Camping Reviews
Not usually too busy unless there is a concert.

Some 50 amp site some 30 amp. Make sure to have cash or a check as the office is only staffed part time. You can do a self check in and leave in the drop box. No reservations here all site are fcfs.

So...

I'll be honest, we didn't stay here and giving a 3 star to be neutral for that reason. Took a drive late in the season to check it out in person after reading some very good and very bad reviews. For us, we will stay home before we will camp here. They have a lot to offer, and not to be critical, but a little sprucing up could go a long way. There are also a fair number dumpy and dirty looking seasonal 'trailers' here. I have no doubt the staff and campers are friendly and have some good times but it seems to also leave a bit to be desired.

Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Far away AND close to town...all at the same time!

We found this campground on a walk around the town of Ontonagon, but didn't get a chance to camp here as it was already closed for the season.  We caught it after the beauty of the fall color had already gone, but it's probably a stunner!  We'll be back sometime…

For such a township park, it has comprehensive services, with many waterfront options, and all sites have electricity.  The sites are rustic, there is a dump station as well as a water filling station for RVs.  The bathhouse has showers, there is a cute playground, and it has beautiful views of both Lake Superior and the Porcupine Mountains (about 20 miles away).  You can easily walk into town for basic supplies.

Options for hiking, cycling, and water activities of all kinds abound.  This campground is one of many along the shores of Lake Superior's Water Trail.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Well maintained campgrounds!

The sites were very nice, and so were the bathrooms. Lights is fun activities for the kids for halloween. Lots of rules to follow, but the place has a nice atmosphere overall. Very large campgrounds… Quite the walk to the showers if you're staying up on the hill.

Not your typical Campgrounds

Drove by this campground all my life nearly and never had any interest to stay here. Extremely small, tightly crammed in 30 total sites with no additional amenities other than its economically priced for a full hook up, drive thru sites @$28 a night. Not a good place for family oriented activities for the young ones at all but a good place to pull off while traveling and need a night or two to stay in the midst of your travels maybe

Hidden lil local Gem

While doing research looking for those local places to get away and feel like we’ve gotten away from the rat race we came across this lil gem! Mostly seasonal campers but still sites available for those nightly / weekender campers. All sites are 50 amp full hook ups. The beach is right on the sports lake nepessing. Forget something while packing? No worries! They have you covered at their conscience store specific to their campgrounds! All while allowing daily, weekly and monthly visitors at a very reasonable price! For a full hook up campground this place is very economically friendly at only $40 a night! Can’t wait to feel the full experience next season!!

Small private quaint rustic place to regroup

Very small area for camping here only 4 rustic sites available no electricity or sewer but a hand pump for water nearby. This is more for daily activities such as base/softball as there are 2 separate fields, 16 horse shoe pits, 9 Soccor fields , nature n’ exercise trail lines by a small stream. This specific park also has a playground structure for the young ones along with misc other pieces of playground things to play on.

Doesn’t seem to have opened this year

As researching different near by campgrounds we came across this one and it looked like it would be great for a family reunion type of group event. Very limited sites in this peaceful piece of property but sites so big you could have multiple families on them. Looking for a different kind of adventure/ venue for a wedding without all the fuss n’ muss I believe this would be well worth looking into

Year 2021 Flag