About Interlochen State Park
Interlochen State Park is located in Michigan
23 Reviews of Interlochen State Park
Rustic and close to awesome adventures!

Every year I camp on the Green Lake side of Interlochen State Park, and this year was the first year I allowed a guest - my fiance. It's an absolutely beautiful state park, with lots of access to the lakes and in close proximity to Traverse City and Leelanau, without the tourist rush. The only thing I wish is that it was a little more quiet, because it is a very popular campground so they're usually booked up, but that's what we get for it being such a nice spot. I book the same spot every year with a great view of the lake, but the grounds aren't lacking for beautiful campsites! The store on the other side of the park is convenient. It's also Michigan's first official state park, which is neat!

I highly recommend taking the time to travel up the Leelanau Peninsula and visiting Fishtown and the Sutton's Bay Farmers Market on Saturdays during the summer. Also highly recommend St Ambrose Cellars in Beaulah if you like mead.

Beautiful scenery

Stayed in the rustic park, very quiet and if you get lucky you’ll get a site right on green lake

Great sites for a state park

We shared a campsite with my sister and her husband last weekend and had a pleasant stay. We had 2 tents and 2 cars on the site and still had plenty of room. It seemed like the sites all had trees (some campgrounds are so close together there are no trees). The restrooms and water were easy to access and not too busy. The camp store was helpful and the campground is located near a Toms Food Market (we forgot some stuff). We found a lost dog and had to call DNR and they were very responsive. It wasn’t too loud even thought the campground was full. We would definitely go back.

Tons of spaces for large groups

Water access from stairs going to the lake. Clean enough bathrooms, as you would expect to find at a state park. Sites are roomy, with very nice concrete firepits and normal picnic tables. Just spent one night there and I'd do it again.

Peaceful

Great family spot. Awesome for bike riding and site seeing. Bring your kayak.

Wooded and Spacious

Our first time here, June 2019! We had 7 people and shared 2 sites. The sites in the south loop are very generous and full shade. The people limit per sit is 6, but you can probably fit 8 per site in tents. We had site 381 which was lake view!!! Its steep to the water but there was a view and a great breeze. I docked it one star for the massive amount of gnats and fish flies, they were everywhere. Luckily the mosquitos weren't bad. The sites by the water were the smallest and massive in the back. Working bathrooms and showers, although covered in flies, but they had cleaners in there every morning to wipe them off every surface, they just keep coming back.

The lake is a good size and a great swimming hole. I saw a ton of fisherman on the lake in the mornings. Each site has a big fire ring with about a 4 inches concrete wall around it and a picnic table. The sites were perfectly flat and had a great sandy/dirt ground which was perfect for our tents and the campers didnt seem to have any problems. Some sites do have pads for campers.

Quietest park in the Lower Peninsula.

Really. Really. Quiet. Quiet hours all day and night. So nice not to hear everybody's musical selections. This park is, after all, right across the road from Interlochen Arts Center, so there's a whole lotta class that just rubs off geographically. Nice lake, good beach.

Great park

Beautiful state park. Very nice beach and lots of room to roam. Next to a band camp too so it’s fun enjoying the music in the distance while camping or around the fire.

Awesome place for families. Close to Traverse City, yet quiet and peaceful.

Lots of local activities. Neat and very clean. Friendly staff.

Favorite MI State Park

This park offers excellent access to two beautiful lakes and Traverse City is a quick 15 minute drive. The Duck Lake camground is very large. The North end is less shaded with more grass on many sites. The south campground is well shaded and has some slopped sites. Both have sites with lake frontage, but you need to book 6 months in advance to get one. Nice Beach area near the camp store. There are two boat launches for Duck Lake. Bath houses are typical of MI State Parks: adequate and cleaned regularly.