Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Interlochen is located in Michigan
27 Reviews of Interlochen
Nice State park, Be Careful of Swimmer's Itch

There are lots of advantages to this campground -most sites have big trees and some are along a forest.  It's across the street from the Interlochen Music School, so you can often hear music or concerts on summer weekends.  There are a couple trails to walk (not really strenuous enough to call them a hike), and an active ranger program for kids.   One section of the park can get  loud and sometimes rowdy during the summertime weekends.  The other smaller section is quieter for those who prefer that.  The only caveat to this park is that the lake regularly has swimmer's itch.  If you're quick and through in your toweling off, it can be ok, but we've never been here without getting it.  Stick to the fishing, kayaking and camping rather than swimming!

Great park

This is a fantastic state park. Playgrounds are nice and entertaining, offers kayak launches and handicap accessible areas. Lots of fishing opportunities on both lakes and has a boat launch. The sites aren’t too terribly close to one another, but relatively close. There’s pavement for biking and trails for hiking. Interlochen is a nice little get away from Traverse City, but near enough to head into town for a day.

UFO campground

We saw a ufo at this campground. ;) Beautiful and wonderful. One side rustic one side hook up. Family friendly campground. My only thing is it's hard to get to the water. Once you make it to the water it's great swimming.

Nice park

We camped here in early June right after the Star Parks were allowed to open. The campground is very well kept, lots of old growth tress. Our spot was level with trees for good shade. The camp store had just opened so they were not very well stocked and this included wood, a short ride up the street got us the supply we needed. The bathrooms were well maintained and clean. The camping areas was all quite after 10:00. The beach area was big with plenty of space to spread out. All in all I nice place with very helpful and friendly staff. It was an enjoyable weekend and we plan to back before the season is over

Rustic and close to awesome adventures!

Every year I camp on the Green Lake side of Interlochen State Park, and this year was the first year I allowed a guest - my fiance. It's an absolutely beautiful state park, with lots of access to the lakes and in close proximity to Traverse City and Leelanau, without the tourist rush. The only thing I wish is that it was a little more quiet, because it is a very popular campground so they're usually booked up, but that's what we get for it being such a nice spot. I book the same spot every year with a great view of the lake, but the grounds aren't lacking for beautiful campsites! The store on the other side of the park is convenient. It's also Michigan's first official state park, which is neat!

I highly recommend taking the time to travel up the Leelanau Peninsula and visiting Fishtown and the Sutton's Bay Farmers Market on Saturdays during the summer. Also highly recommend St Ambrose Cellars in Beaulah if you like mead.

Beautiful scenery

Stayed in the rustic park, very quiet and if you get lucky you’ll get a site right on green lake

Great sites for a state park

We shared a campsite with my sister and her husband last weekend and had a pleasant stay. We had 2 tents and 2 cars on the site and still had plenty of room. It seemed like the sites all had trees (some campgrounds are so close together there are no trees). The restrooms and water were easy to access and not too busy. The camp store was helpful and the campground is located near a Toms Food Market (we forgot some stuff). We found a lost dog and had to call DNR and they were very responsive. It wasn’t too loud even thought the campground was full. We would definitely go back.

Tons of spaces for large groups

Water access from stairs going to the lake. Clean enough bathrooms, as you would expect to find at a state park. Sites are roomy, with very nice concrete firepits and normal picnic tables. Just spent one night there and I'd do it again.

Peaceful

Great family spot. Awesome for bike riding and site seeing. Bring your kayak.

Wooded and Spacious

Our first time here, June 2019! We had 7 people and shared 2 sites. The sites in the south loop are very generous and full shade. The people limit per sit is 6, but you can probably fit 8 per site in tents. We had site 381 which was lake view!!! Its steep to the water but there was a view and a great breeze. I docked it one star for the massive amount of gnats and fish flies, they were everywhere. Luckily the mosquitos weren't bad. The sites by the water were the smallest and massive in the back. Working bathrooms and showers, although covered in flies, but they had cleaners in there every morning to wipe them off every surface, they just keep coming back.

The lake is a good size and a great swimming hole. I saw a ton of fisherman on the lake in the mornings. Each site has a big fire ring with about a 4 inches concrete wall around it and a picnic table. The sites were perfectly flat and had a great sandy/dirt ground which was perfect for our tents and the campers didnt seem to have any problems. Some sites do have pads for campers.

Year 2021 Flag